Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woman Guide on the Kenai???

Default Woman Guide on the Kenai???

Just wondering if they're any women that guide on the Kenai, upper or lower. I think my wife would get a kick out of having a woman guide for a change.

Tight Lines,
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by Kenner21 View Post
    Just wondering if they're any women that guide on the Kenai, upper or lower. I think my wife would get a kick out of having a woman guide for a change.

Tight Lines,
    Nate
    I'm pretty sure there are. And I know there are on the Kasilof
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Dusty Byrd with Alaska Troutfitters is reported to be among the best guides on the Upper Kenai. I used to instruct with her (I was a ski instructor, she was a snowboard instructor), and while I've never fished with her, I've read multiple articles that attest to her skills as a guide. Even if I weren't specifically looking for a woman, Dusty would be at the top of my list when making calls.

http://www.aktroutfitters.com/index....Fishing.Guides

McClure's guide service. Steve and Rondi are good, friendly folks and they catch fish.
    "Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something." --Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Dusty Byrd with Alaska Troutfitters is reported to be among the best guides on the Upper Kenai. I used to instruct with her (I was a ski instructor, she was a snowboard instructor), and while I've never fished with her, I've read multiple articles that attest to her skills as a guide. Even if I weren't specifically looking for a woman, Dusty would be at the top of my list when making calls.

Dusty is an excellent guide and you won't go wrong if you can get out with her.

Also check out Key-Os- Guide Service. Very Very good,,,just ask for who or what want. Go on line to there web site

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    Dusty is an excellent guide and you won't go wrong if you can get out with her.
    I'll second that. Good gal.
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

If the girl guide thing don't work there are a few guy guides that could pass for a woman...

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    If the girl guide thing don't work there are a few guy guides that could pass for a woman...
    Good one Dave.

As far as real professional lady guides I would recomend Valerie Early. Her and husband Gary are true YEAR ROUND guides. Contact now is brookings Oregon at 541-469-0525. Look up their website at Early fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland on the River View Post
    Good one Dave.

As far as real professional lady guides I would recomend Valerie Early. Her and husband Gary are true YEAR ROUND guides. Contact now is brookings Oregon at 541-469-0525. Look up their website at Early fishing.
    Is Val any friendlier in the boat? Every time I'm on the river around her, she looks about 3/4 pissed off!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post

Another nod for Dusty, she and Billy are locals and both run a top shelf outfit, and know the river as well as anyone, & better than most.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Val, Mindy, Rondi... all actively guiding.

Then there was the gal with the yellow Kalifornsky Guide Service boat that I haven't seen in a while.

And the platinum blonde gal with the dark green FishRite that started out every morning at Honeymoon, who I also haven't seen for years.

Couple years ago I watched a young athletic gal rowing clients in the lower river on a powerboat day. Maybe that was Dusty? Man she looked TOUGH on those sticks!
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

Thank you for all the responses,hopefully someone will have an opening. After that its just a question of where to fish and what to fish for.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaBarbless View Post
    How about a red salmon snagging lesson by a woman Kenai guide?

http://www.ktuu.com/videogallery/62758249/Sports/Fishing-Report-(June-16)#pl-62817952

Heheheheh, she caught a TON of grief over that one.......
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.

I would have no issue fishing with her after watching the video. She released the tail hooked fish and it's not like she was dragging a net through the water scooping up fish

Quote Originally Posted by Kenner21 View Post
    I would have no issue fishing with her after watching the video. She released the tail hooked fish and it's not like she was dragging a net through the water scooping up fish

The "Kenai Twitch" she was teaching will get you a ticket faster than you can say "floss"....

I believe her name is Nadia. I see her on the upper all the time
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    I believe her name is Nadia. I see her on the upper all the time
    Or Natalia?

If George hired her, that's a good enough recommendation in and of itself...

Tomato-----tomato.....LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    Or Natalia?

If George hired her, that's a good enough recommendation in and of itself...
    She always has a boat full of clients thats for sure. Gave me a lift from Jims to sportmans when wildmans "could not find" my truck one day last year.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast