Thread: SnipePod Tripod

Default SnipePod Tripod

I haven't seen many reviews here about the SnipePods but for those that have them, have you purchased and used the tripod attachment? Seems pretty nice that a 7oz system can make a great rifle bipod into a tripod for light spotting scopes. I know the SnipePod itself gets great reviews but the tripod seems like it might not be versatile enough to use in the mountains. Here's a link for those who haven't seen it.
    https://snipepod.com/V2Tripod.html

Don't waste your money !!! It won't work for the type of spotters we use. Not very stable. They were at the shot show year before last.

I picked up a stoney point V rest and an extra QD plate for my tripod. The sturdy tripod seems like a lot better option to double as a shooting rest than to try and adapt a UL bipod to double as a spotting platform.

Is that the one they have at the sportsman show?
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I picked up a stoney point V rest and an extra QD plate for my tripod. The sturdy tripod seems like a lot better option to double as a shooting rest than to try and adapt a UL bipod to double as a spotting platform.
    I tried this last year on a goat hunt and had a bad experience. It was great saving the weight but taking a shot in 30 knot winds off the v-rest left me very unstable. My Harris bipod is rock solid but I'm looking at the snipepod to save weight.

I have the tripod adapter and used it multiple times last year. It worked ok. This year I am going to bring the new one from barneys. The tripod is a little unsteady. It is hard to adjust but is super light. If weight is the most important thing for you this is the lightest tripod out there. The shooting sticks are great and I bring them everywhere. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361743313.282276.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CGSwimmer25 View Post
    I tried this last year on a goat hunt and had a bad experience. It was great saving the weight but taking a shot in 30 knot winds off the v-rest left me very unstable. My Harris bipod is rock solid but I'm looking at the snipepod to save weight.
    If shooting off the V rest of your tripod was unsteady the Snipepod is going to be even less steady. Then to add another leg and try to support a 3-4 pound spottings scope IMO would not be doing yourself any favors.

That said I have an extra Snipepod I'll sell ya for 60% of retail shipped to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    If shooting off the V rest of your tripod was unsteady the Snipepod is going to be even less steady. Then to add another leg and try to support a 3-4 pound spottings scope IMO would not be doing yourself any favors.

That said I have an extra Snipepod I'll sell ya for 60% of retail shipped to you.
    PM sent...