Thread: Good pack for the lady

Default Good pack for the lady

Anyone have any insight on a good pack for a woman?? I mean as far as fit etc. Been lookin at just normal packs i would
    buy for myself..just curious if anyone has purchased one and if it suits a women well. It doesnt need to be huge, since i will be carrying most of the weight. Most likely a external frame as i have an internal and would like to have both along. Anything from mountain hunting, to maybe packin a lil meat. Thanks for your time

My wife will be using a Kifaru KU5200 this fall on our sheep hunt.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Mom and sister use Osprey packs. One is an Ariel and the other a Xena. Seem to do fine so far. Other than the dog tearing one up

My wife has a Gregory internal frame pack that is specifically designed for a woman. The most important recommendation I could give is to let her try on lots of packs and have her pick the one that feels best. What you're thinking may not be what fits her body best. Go with fit over any other consideration - the rest is just details. If the wife is comfortable with her gear, she'll continue to join you. If she's not, well....cuddling up to your buddy in the tent isn't nearly so nice.

Bergan's of Norway has a Lady Viking 85l internal frame that my wife really likes out of the 4 packs that she owns.

Sincerely,
    Thomas

Let her try on packs. I took my girlfriend in to try on several brands of internals. Gregory, kelty, osprey, deuter, north face. We put about 30 lbs in each of them when she tried them on. She ended up wanting the deuter act lite 60+10. She loves the pack. http://www.rei.com/product/795606/de...sl-pack-womens