Thread: Moyles Tanning

Default Moyles Tanning

I have 3 fox, 1 lynx and 1 otter I need tanned, looking at Moyle's website they mention including a taxidermist #, can anyone tell me if this is mandatory, or is it a reminder ?

Or does anyone in the ANC/Eagle River area need a few more to round out a discount quantity and wish to work out adding mine to their shipment ?

Thumbs up Moyles

They tanned one hide for me a year+ ago, and I have no taxi number.

They do some really really nice work. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

I have send a fair amount of fur to them over the years.Yes they do good work.When i sent fur to them they wanted a hunting or trapping license number.

I've had Moyles do a number of hides over the years- their work has always been first rate. Their shipping form has all the info they need to process your hides- a hunting or trapping license number as well as your AK "Fur Export Form" (available from ADFG).
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

I appreciate the insight, all !

Are you getting them taxidermy tanned or garment tanned? I wish I had some fur going in this year and I could add yours. This year was my off trapping "stay at home daddy" year.

FYI, make sure you send the CITEs info along with the lynx and otter. Moyles has had to really crack down on that due to getting grief from the Feds. I believe they will refuse shipment if you don't have the paperwork nowadays.