Thread: A gutsy game warden doing his job.

Default A gutsy game warden doing his job.

How many of us would do this?

www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=f9132a37d604

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    How many of us would do this?

www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=f9132a37d604
    Ive seen this vid before.. I wonder why they couldn't just tranquilize him for safety reasons? money?

Yeah, vids been around for about a year or so now. I would imagine that if they tranquilized him, when he went down there would be too much weight on the chains to be able to release them quickly. Luckily the poor thing was so tired that he didn't give him much resistance. I have to wonder sometimes if animals can sense when a human wants to help them?
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Yeah, vids been around for about a year or so now. I would imagine that if they tranquilized him, when he went down there would be too much weight on the chains to be able to release them quickly. Luckily the poor thing was so tired that he didn't give him much resistance. I have to wonder sometimes if animals can sense when a human wants to help them?
    That makes since..unless they were to just cut the chains. But looks like they got the job done either way.

Quote Originally Posted by shimano 33 View Post
    That makes since..unless they were to just cut the chains. But looks like they got the job done either way.
    By the hair on his chiny-chin-chin.......lol. Can you imagine if that bull was to all of a sudden jerk his head just the right way?...........could take your friggin' head off...!!! REAL gutsy no doubt....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shimano 33 View Post
    Ive seen this vid before.. I wonder why they couldn't just tranquilize him for safety reasons? money?
    High stressed tired animals can succumb to capture myopathy. Immobilizing that moose would have likely lead to the animals death. The warden made the correct judgment to cut the chains unaided by chemical immobilization.