Thread: DM332? anyone?

Default DM332? anyone?

hey guys, well finally i was lucky! I drew a delta bison permit AND an any bull moose permit unt 13 DM332.
    So now i have to figure out how im going to get to the hunt area! Typicaly every year we head out of eureka in buggies and drive past the big O over to the goose river area to hunt moose. but this year we wil have to find a way to get into the alphabet hills area. from the map it looks like if we could find a trail going down the mclarin river we might be abe to get there. we have rigs capable of just about any trail conditions. none of my family have ever been there so any input or advise on trails, access, what to expect, would be greatly appriciated! thanks!
    joe,
    “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” - (Aldo Leopold)

cmon, there were 50 tags rewarded.. someones got to know somthing eh?..
    “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” - (Aldo Leopold)

You mean Goose Creek? haha

As for the Alphabets, just drive the Denali Highway due west of Paxon and stop where you see 50+vehicles parked. Take the trail that heads South..

My daughter drew a DM332 tag as well. Any information about this area would be appreciated. We are considering flying in. Can anyone suggest a good fly in service?

Get ahold of either Lujon, TWB, or Vince they know the alphabet country pretty well...

I provide maps with crayon.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Head south on the Swede Lake trail, cross the Gulkana, keep heading south, turn west on a trail that goes thru a pass in the Alphabets, turn west, cross Keg creek. You are in your area. There will be hundreds of atv's/rigs/hunters you will pass. Just follow the broken down rigs and busted trailers and you can't miss. If you know how to repair atv's/nodwalls/track rigs you could make some easy coin.
    My child was inmate of the month at Mat-Su pre-trial Correctional facility.

We're jealous you got the bison permit. You got enough luck!!. Haha.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

The trail system is easily seen on Google Earth.

Two of my buddies drew that tag....looks like I'll be in the Alphabets again this year.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCub View Post
    You mean Goose Creek? haha
    and yes lol goose creek*
    sorry my family reffers to it as "the goose" just like the big O or little O lol

Do you know Gus?

http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medial...s_brochure.pdf

See 6 and 8 on the attached map. Pretty straight forward. Congrats on the draws!! Maybe I can tag along on that bison hunt!

Cheers,
    Rich
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCub View Post
    Do you know Gus?
    Yes i know Gus, not very good but we keep in touch. my dad knows him well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkay View Post
    Head south on the Swede Lake trail, cross the Gulkana, keep heading south, turn west on a trail that goes thru a pass in the Alphabets, turn west, cross Keg creek. You are in your area. There will be hundreds of atv's/rigs/hunters you will pass. Just follow the broken down rigs and busted trailers and you can't miss. If you know how to repair atv's/nodwalls/track rigs you could make some easy coin.
    well the Y at the trail to cross the beaver pond holds up alot of folks then once they cross and get up on the hill most turn around... Heck most never cross the middle fork... That trail last yr took a toll on wheelers, track vehicles, Argos.... Regular wrecking yard... Someone left a newer Polaris 700 up on top of the hill hope they got it out...

Also there is no trail into dm332 the trail you all see ends on the far side of keg lake or caribou lake (depends who you talk to on the name) And that country by keg lake is one big muskeg nothing to winch off of.... Where the trail ends you are roughly 5-7 miles short of dm332 boundary...

hmmm well im sure we will find a way in. I have heard there are trails going along the Mclarin that might get us close. right now were still on 39.5 boggers but by then well have the 44 ag tires under us. either way well make somthing happen...
    Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Also there is no trail into dm332 the trail you all see ends on the far side of keg lake or caribou lake (depends who you talk to on the name) And that country by keg lake is one big muskeg nothing to winch off of.... Where the trail ends you are roughly 5-7 miles short of dm332 boundary...