Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LED lights/spotlights

Default LED lights/spotlights

Curious what brands of LED lighting you recommend for a vessel? I wan't some panel lights for the cabin, a spotlight up on the mast for night running, and a deck light facing aft off the cabin. Seems like it's fairly new technology for boats, but heard some really good things about LED while up in Sitka closing on the deal.

Default Vision X and Ecco

I'm looking at Vision X for outside floods. I saw a display at the Seattle Boat Show and like a dummy, was staring at a light bar when I flicked the switch on. I had sun spots in my eyes for the rest of the night. They are pricey and once your heart resumes beating after seeing the price, the lumens are pretty impressive (Vision X claim to make waterproof not just water resistant lights). Its getting late in the season for me with the other stuff I'm working on but these are on the list for me for next winter.

For work lights, I just bought some Ecco 4" square floods (LEDs) for my tractor at 6 Robblees. They are clear bright bluish light and do a good job lighing up the area.

I've hada few lights from Rigd Industries and they were flat out awesome. I've used the 3x3 cubes and 10in spot/flood combo. Both were fantastic lights.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

I used these inside my boat and they work good, I was actually surprised by them based on how inexpensive they were.. http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...d49bd4b&CID=cj

As for deck lights and mast lights, I would check this website out. http://doctorled.com/p2.htm
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

If you have any inclination towards building your own you might contact this mfgr who sells on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-LEDs-3mm-...item5aed635ef8 This listing is for warm white leds...they are more the color of regular lights without the blueish tint. I have some in my cuddy but its tiny and takes very little to light it. Could be a good contact.

I would also go with the Rigid industries light bars and lights! I actually got my dad a 40" marine spot/flood light bar for his 50' commercial fishing boat in southeast ak and he absolutely loves it. I myself just ordered the rv retro kits for wiring up at my cabin. They hardly draw anything. And three D2 flood lights for the Argo. Can't beat em with a big stick!!

Jason Neyman 715-2007
    AlumiNeyman Welding and Fabrication LLC

i can help ya with deck lights. A few guys from here saw them at the anchorage show and maybe will chime it with their thoughts on them.
    P3191163.JPGP3191164.JPG

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Steve,
    Look forward to getting one from you. They were blinding people at the show if you looked right at them....silly wife did it!!
    He-he-he. Good seeing you and the misses there as usual.
    It was a good show overall, glad I got a chance to make it.
    BK

I have the one Steve's selling (bought it for $30+shipping more than he's selling it for) This is a nice light, waterproof, small and very bright, probably overkill for the area I'm using it for.

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    i can help ya with deck lights. A few guys from here saw them at the anchorage show and maybe will chime it with their thoughts on them.
    P3191163.JPGP3191164.JPG
    Can we get some more details on this? Price? Do they come with a bracket or do you gotta fab one? Im guessing they are water tight.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Quote Originally Posted by c6 batmobile View Post
    Can we get some more details on this? Price? Do they come with a bracket or do you gotta fab one? Im guessing they are water tight.
    They come with a stainless steel mounting bracket and bolts, yup waterproof and shockproof, draw 1 amp, beam width is 40 degrees, i'm selling them for $70 each. I pulled one out of the box to show what comes with the light. I'm going to rig one on long leads with a cigarerette lighter plug so i can use it in the truck for a trouble light and one's going on the back of the camper for a "porch light". Depending on the response for these i can also get them with a pencil beam of 13 degrees. I'll have a working display at the Fairbanks show on the 19-21st. Light is on in the center of the second picture, it was aimed at the floor and its still really bright. I'll be in town next week so if anyone is interested i can meet ya in town and save you a trip out to palmer.
    P4051185.JPG20130330_101551[1].jpg

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Steve, If you are coming to anchorage i would like to grab one from you. Do you think one is enough to light up a back deck on a small boat or do you think 2 will be needed?

Quote Originally Posted by joebut1985 View Post
    Steve, If you are coming to anchorage i would like to grab one from you. Do you think one is enough to light up a back deck on a small boat or do you think 2 will be needed?
    I think one should be ok, try it and if you need another i'll be in town again. Pm me your contact number and we can figure where to meet.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Can we order em online or over the phone or do we need to get together in person?

Quote Originally Posted by c6 batmobile View Post
    Can we order em online or over the phone or do we need to get together in person?
    Pick them up at the potbarn or i'll be in town one day this week and could meet you for delivery.
    Steve

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    Pick them up at the potbarn or i'll be in town one day this week and could meet you for delivery.
    Steve
    Ill have to get with you in a week or so. Im headed out of town to Pago Pago for a week or so.

Ill be on business but I am packing a rod and gonna try my hardest to wet a line while Im there.

I need to grab one from you as well.. Was going to instal my espar this weekend but mother nature had other plans.. Soon as the snow stops and I can clear the boat.. Id like to put the heater in and instal a light avove the back door shining down on the back deck on my sea runner HT.
    Quality Counts @ Dahlberg's Taxidermy

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytguy View Post
    I need to grab one from you as well.. Was going to instal my espar this weekend but mother nature had other plans.. Soon as the snow stops and I can clear the boat.. Id like to put the heater in and instal a light avove the back door shining down on the back deck on my sea runner HT.
    lights are in stock just give me a call when you'd like to stop by.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

I'll be in town on thursday the 11th if anyone wants to meet me for lights, bait or pots. Save ya a trip out here.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Dang it.. I wish I saw knew you were coming into town yesterday. I have the boat all apart and putting the heater in it last night.. Need 4 bolts to mount the bracket and I think well be good to get r done tonight.. Shoot me your number Steve, Ill try and get out their or send the Mrs tonight..
    Quality Counts @ Dahlberg's Taxidermy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast