Thread: Found Bush Hawk

Default Found Bush Hawk

Any forum members have any experiance with the Found on floats or wheels?
    I am looking for any insight that you may relay.
    Opinions ,pros, cons. etc..

I don't have any experience behind the stick, but we flew with Kingfisher Air out of Kodiak in the fall of 2011 and I was very impressed with the Bush Hawks. Again, I don't have any technical expertise to offer, but as someone who flies a 172 I found myself seething with jealousy.

http://www.kingfisheraviation.com/aboutus/aircraft.php

OAS, Federal Fish and Wildlife at Lake Hood runs some Bush Hawks. You might talk to some of their pilots.

Thanks for the info,
    On paper the xp looks good.
    Saw the new Big Foot. Very impressive, would be a dream for a serious outfit.
    Sticker shock......it will be a long time before 600k for 5 seats on wheels will happen here.
    Will there ever be a modern replacement for the Beaver, besides the turbine conv?

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taliho View Post
    Will there ever be a modern replacement for the Beaver, besides the turbine conv?
    No!! Finest aircraft built by man. :-)

Alpine Aviation here in Whitehorse flew one for a few years in the mid-2000s. My impression of it after a few trips in it was that it didn't perform as well as a 206. Nice big cargo doors, but.... Wouldn't get into and out of the places their M-7 did, and was more expensive to operate than a 206.
    It was billed as a STOL aircraft, but it didn't seem to perform like one. They got rid of it after a few years for the above reason (thats the story).
    If you were real interested, you could contact them, Gerd is a good guy and I'm sure he'd fill you in. http://www.alpineaviationyukon.com/index.php/contact
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukoner View Post
    Alpine Aviation here in Whitehorse flew one for a few years in the mid-2000s. My impression of it after a few trips in it was that it didn't perform as well as a 206. Nice big cargo doors, but.... Wouldn't get into and out of the places their M-7 did, and was more expensive to operate than a 206.
    It was billed as a STOL aircraft, but it didn't seem to perform like one. They got rid of it after a few years for the above reason (thats the story).
    If you were real interested, you could contact them, Gerd is a good guy and I'm sure he'd fill you in. http://www.alpineaviationyukon.com/index.php/contact
    I fired off an E mail to Gerd,
    Much thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by brhrdr View Post
    No!! Finest aircraft built by man. :-)
    I agree,
    however the insurance and maintenance cost have been killing our operation.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taliho View Post
    I agree,
    however the insurance and maintenance cost have been killing our operation.
    Unfortunately, I think those two items have put many a good air taxi out of business. It doesn't seem to get any cheaper with any kind of aircraft operated commercially. I've flown for those who skimped on the maintenance, but it caught up with them in the end (and gave me some good stories to tell).

I've only ridden in a Bush Hawk (Willow) and at the time, it seemed very "rattle-y" on floats.