Thread: Ocean boat mods and pics

Default Ocean boat mods and pics

Here's a couple pics of the 27 Wooldridge Pilot House that I recently bought from Sportdrifter. (Rob....here's your pics)

Exterior Wooldridge.jpgInside Wooldridge.jpg

In the other post I mentioned adding an Espar heater and installing a "hot dogger" in-line on the ducting system and Daninak wanted more info....here's the gist of it from Kaisersosi's boat that I toured yesterday and am using the idea.

Have one of your Espar heater hoses vent into the side of a box (his box was about 12" wide x 18" tall x 24" deep, made of wood and mounted behind the captains chair). Coming out the other end of the box is another vent that lets the hot air out into the cab.
    The hot box has a lid/door on it so you can stuff cans of soup, seal a meal dinners, etc... in there. The heat passing through the box warms it up (just like a giant hot dogger on a snowmachine exhaust). He also mentioned on top of the hot box is a great place to dry gloves, warm up socks, and so on.

The other neat and cheap idea was to replace some lights with LED bulbs and LED strips. Going to have to look into it as they really lit up the cab nicely.

Also noticed some winch arms on other boats (Event Horizon's 24 Wooldridge and Spoiled One's Glacier Craft) that they use to raise/lower the zodiacs. They looked pretty slick!

Right now we will be ordering and installing the Espar D4 and doing lots of planning and dreaming till May.

Again, thanks to all who helped and gave us some great advice over the last two weeks to get this boat. Look forward to meeting up with you in PWS.
    Thanks,
    BK

Nice looking boat! I replaced all my interior halogen bulbs with LEDs last season and am extremely pleased with results. The new bulbs only draw 10% of what the old bulbs drew. Here is a link to where I ordered mine from.http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/boat-rv/
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Congrats and thanks for the photos. (but it should have been mine) LOL. You will love the ESPAR D4. It's amazing. Mine has been running the past couple days nonstop and doesn't burn much at all. That hot dogger idea is slick. I might try something like that.

If you pick up an E-Dyne pot puller from Potbuilder, Im sure you could use it for shrimp and your Zodiac crane too. Lots of projects and tinkering to do I'm sure to make it your own.

Can't wait to see ya out on the water.
    Rob
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Funny you mention it, Potbuilder stopped by today to give me some more ideas!!
    I wonder if there is a way to slow down that E-dyne when using it as a dual purpose shrimp puller/dinghy lift......Steve....we're listening.
    I'm sure it would yank a zodiac off the water in a 1/2 a second!!
    BK

Spoiled one, great link on the LED's. Thanks for posting.

[QUOTE=bkmail;1250942]Funny you mention it, Potbuilder stopped by today to give me some more ideas!!
    I wonder if there is a way to slow down that E-dyne when using it as a dual purpose shrimp puller/dinghy lift......Steve....we're listening.
    I'm sure it would yank a zodiac off the water in a 1/2 a second!!
    BK

Best of both worlds, pot hauler and capstan head. By the way thats a great looking rig you got except its like a ice box inside it .
    ED with capstan.jpg

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

I love the hot dogger idea with the ESPAR and I am going to do it... I have just the place for it and it will take care of a Small problem I was going to have with the routing of the duct... perfect.

I put a could LED strip lights in the boat last spring, what a difference they made. I bought them from worst marine... here is the link http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...8#.USdGpWd19l0

I used Velcro to mount them to avoid drilling holes in the side of the cabin and they stayed in place fine all season. The cool thing about them is they can be rotated in the mounts so you can adjust where they shine. Have one over the table and one over the stove..

Congrats on the new boat.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

I live in the valley as well so if you want to check out the crane and the LED bulbs happy to show you.. The LEDs are real nice!
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!