Thread: Campbell Creek Trout Stocking. Where to fish?

Default Campbell Creek Trout Stocking. Where to fish?

So last Summer, ADFW stocked several thousand trout into Campbell Creek. I didn't get to fish it last year due to work, but this year I'm hoping to be able to fish it with ultralight spinning gear and fly rod. The only question I have is where do I fish? I know that there are trout spread throughout the creek, but the stockers that were put into the creek last June probably haven't moved very far. Can anybody give me tips, hints locations ect, or any other info regarding trout fishing at Campbell? Thanks.

I know a really good spot there , u gotta park in the park parkinglot thats off king stree and then head straight back into the woods the creek gets real twisty and shallow, the bank across from you wilk be a giant rock wAll/natural mountain youll see um there cast away, when i get there i never wang to leave so dont take anyone with you thats antsy to go, very pretty and secluded its
    Very had to remeber your in the city, get ahold of me if you cant find it im alwYs excited to go on week nights
    Semper Fi!

The rainbows that were stocked in June had spread out pretty well by late July. The rainbows were stocked where greythorn3 mentioned in June. I was catching them well above Lake Otis a month later. Where you fish will depend on when you fish. Come late July you have to find the spawning salmon to get into really good fishing.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Are we talking King St, or Martin Luther King Jr St?
    How big are those stockers?

As you can see the rainbows were about 7.2 inches on average. These were stocked in Campbell Creek near Taku Campbell Lake, which is off of King Street and E. 76th Ave. near Dewey's Cook Inlet.

rainbow trout Jun 25, 2012 2,630 7.0 in. / 2.2 oz. Triploid (sterile)
    rainbow trout Jun 01, 2012 509 7.4 in. / 2.6 oz. Triploid (sterile
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

I fly fished the creek last summer quite a bit and didnt have much success catching bows, just one... However, I did catch many, many small dollies in July. Good luck.