Thread: 4X4 Repair?

Question 4X4 Repair?

I don't know that this is the proper place place for this post, but here goes. Any recomendations on where to get service done on a 4x4 Expedition. My wife and I are out-of-staters but have been making a lot of trips north and even have a remote cabin. We also keep the above vehicle in ANC. It's a 1999 model and it needs a tune-up (missing etc.), probably some O2 sensors. The wife is coming up next week for the Iditarod and I thought I'd have her put in the shop if possible.

Thanks.

In Anchorage, I have had excellent work performed by Muldoon Auto between 5th and 6th and Steve's Car Care Center near Duben. I don't think either shop has weekend hours in the winter.

Thanks, I'm hoping the wife gets back to town, she's volunteering as a veterinarian, in time to get it looked at. I'm going to send this to her. Good thing is that it started right up after being stored since September. Bad thing is that is still has the miss, especially under load. I think it's an O2 sensor.

I keep my truck at Agen's automotive at the corner of International and Old Seward and use them to work on my truck. It is handy to be able to have work done and then not have to deal with getting it back to storage and they have done well my me.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlander View Post
    Thanks, I'm hoping the wife gets back to town, she's volunteering as a veterinarian, in time to get it looked at. I'm going to send this to her. Good thing is that it started right up after being stored since September. Bad thing is that is still has the miss, especially under load. I think it's an O2 sensor.
    More likely one of the coil packs...they fail quite a bit on the 5.4 motors. Superior Auto on Dowling would take good care of you...I trust them and use them when I'm lazy.

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff