Thread: First wolf

Default First wolf

This morning i was out snowmachining looking at some new area .To my surprise i happened to catch movement in a big swamp i was in.There he was a big grey wolf a couple hundred yards away he did not take off he was interested in what i was doing i watched him for about a minute then he was gone.Of coarse i did not have a rifle with .One of the neatest things i have ever seen.Next time i will have a rifle.

They are grand to see. What part of the state u in?
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

southcentral

Kenai penin by any chance, or were u north of anch?
    It will make u think twice about going out without the rifle again, huh?!
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

The ones that watch and actually come to you out of Curiosity are what we call "The Young and the Dumb" ~~LOL!!~~ yet true.

You do realize he only showed hisself to you because you DID NOT have a rifle, right?
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Default So true

Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post
    The ones that watch and actually come to you out of Curiosity are what we call "The Young and the Dumb" ~~LOL!!~~ yet true.

You do realize he only showed hisself to you because you DID NOT have a rifle, right?
    Yes that is usually what happens.Stuff like this usually happens when you least expect it.I am north of anch.

Very cool! Curious what kind elevation you're at. I've never seen wolf activity on my line north of anchorage but it wouldn't surprise me to cut wolf tracks at some point. I'm at 300-500ft on my line (Where the swamp land meets the hills)

Haha next time. That moment will haunt you i hope you get a next time wolf is a cool thing to see.

AniWahaya

Quote Originally Posted by outdoor1 View Post
    This morning i was out snowmachining looking at some new area .To my surprise i happened to catch movement in a big swamp i was in.There he was a big grey wolf a couple hundred yards away he did not take off he was interested in what i was doing i watched him for about a minute then he was gone.Of coarse i did not have a rifle with .One of the neatest things i have ever seen.Next time i will have a rifle.
    Rare and wonderful.. Perhaps he wanted to show you something.
    I heard a story once where a wolf led a hunter to a moose, perhaps the wolf knew he'd get a gut pile after ;-)