Thread: DS135 Sheep Hunt Eagle River

Default DS135 Sheep Hunt Eagle River

I was pleased to find out I was awarded one of the the 2 resident Upper Eagle River sheep tags. This will be my first sheep hunt so any thoughts or experiences hunting this area would be appreciated (particularly concerning access, strategy, etc.) I see there are quite a few posts on gear etc so that will obviously be one of my focus areas along with physical conditioning.

You've got some nasty, steep terrain on your hands. The easiest way in is via the Crow Pass trail, and then you can head up Icicle creek until you clear tree line. That would be my advice. Tough sheep hunt for your first outing. Big rams, but not an easy hunt.

The nice thing with the park and you living close( i assume) is that you can both train physically,mentally and scout all at the same time.. If you want to be successful I suggest spending every free moment in there and find every ram.. These tags are sometimes once in a lifetime so I would put every effort forward.. I know thats what Im doing,Ive already started scouting my area... Some of the best rams I have ever seen have come from that area...just sayin

I have drawn this hunt twice and have tons of photos , feel free to PM me

Great area for sure...been within 200 yards of some nice rams back in there chasing black bears. It is not going to be an easy hunt as stated...but there are plenty of rams up in there to chose from. Congrats and good luck.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.