Thread: Swaros with doubler enough??

Default Swaros with doubler enough??

In an effort to conserve precious monetary resources, I am considering the following for a guided sheep hunt: Swaro El 10x42's with a 2x doubler/tripod attachment vs. binos + a spotting scope. My thinking is the guide will have quality spotter and I can save a considerable amount of cash and pack weight not having to lug a spotter. I have a guy wanting to sell me this "once used" set up for less then half of retail.

Anyone have experience with the El/doubler set up?? Would it be sufficient for a sheep hunt?? I thank u in advance for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by pa 5-0 View Post
    In an effort to conserve precious monetary resources, I am considering the following for a guided sheep hunt: Swaro El 10x42's with a 2x doubler/tripod attachment vs. binos + a spotting scope. My thinking is the guide will have quality spotter and I can save a considerable amount of cash and pack weight not having to lug a spotter. I have a guy wanting to sell me this "once used" set up for less then half of retail.

Anyone have experience with the El/doubler set up?? Would it be sufficient for a sheep hunt?? I thank u in advance for the input.
    Been a while but as I recall you have to unscrew the lens cover and screw in the doubler.... IMHO .... A big pain in the arse... Just take your binos.... Save the money... But that's just me...

A spotter is absolutely necessary on the trip, you having your own not so much. Glasses are better for my eyes for all day scanning anyway. You have great glass, I would just take them and leave the not so handy extras at home.

Forget the doubler. Just buy the binos and use the guides spotter.

Binos yes....doubler in lieu of spotter? No.

The guide will likely have an adequate spotter.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit