Thread: Ski doo Tundra oil inject ?

Default Ski doo Tundra oil inject ?

Hello- I just picked up a 87 Tundra and am in the process of getting it into good working order. A previous owner disconnected the oil injector by just cutting the oil line from the oil tank to the pump and plugging it. I've seen discussions about removing the oil injection system and they vary. My question is- is there any downside to doing it that way? I don't see any reason to remove the pump and relocate the pump cable if there isn't a good reason to do it. THanks

One weekness on that engine is the plastic drive shaft that spins the oil pump. When the shaft breaks you loose the oil pump and with no oil pumping, the engine burns up. If you're not planning on putting the oil pump back in service it wouldn't hurt to remove the pump and tank.

On water cooled and rotary valve engines you need to be careful about just removing the pump and running pre-mix as there are parts of the engine that don't get lubricated with pre-mix, but on an air cooled piston port single, you're good to go running pre-mix and have eliminated a potential failure point on the sled.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

The tank is already gone- I'm just wondering if there is any reason to remove the pump? Is there some damage that can occur if I don't?