Thread: Hewescraft seat

Default Hewescraft seat

I ordered a "med duty suspension" seat system from Hewes today. I have to remove the stock seat and cut a few inches off the box it sets on then attach the new system to the seat and the box. The nice lady I talked to said she will send me directions. I will need them! I have never cared for the stock Hewes seats. So it is a $ 230.00 deal plus shipping. They have another seat that sounds like a tractor air ride for a mere $1,200.00! I will let you know the results.

Wasilla, AK

Very interested in the results. Not a huge fan of the stock seats. Crazy how they put those nice suspension seats in the big Jet Boats but not in the Hewes that will be rocking and rolling!
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

I recently built a pair of suspension seat mounts for my boat. Maiden voyage was saturday out of Whittier. They made a world of difference in the ride to say the least. Yes the water was very calm but there are boats large enough to make wakes for testing. I am considering manufacturing them because I know they will cost much less than those $1200 models. I would be interested in what your getting for $230. Got a picture, link or anything?

I have been considering suspension seats ever since I bought my Hewescraft in 2003. I have been turned off by the price, though. Do you have any information on the $230 suspension seats from Hewescraft? Manufacturer, pictures, website, anything? I want to check these out.

You will be very pleased with your suspension seats, The heavy duty seats that you mentioned are worth every penny. I have spent a lot of hours on the heavy duty seats and I wouldn't hesitate dropping that kind of cash for them. The way I see it you'll either pay for nice suspension seats up front or a hefty chiropractor bill in the end.

Default Hewes seat

If you go to Hewes web site and click options/accessories you will see a picture of the "medium duty suspension" seat. It does not show much. They carry more stuff then the web site shows. It is $232.00 and the arm rests are $18.00. If you are interested I suggest you call their toll free number and talk to them. My existing seat is susposed to work with it after I cut the box down. The seat for the driver of those Ak. Searunners sits pretty far forward on the boat and that is where the roughest ride is so a better seat should help. If I was rich I would go for one of the fancy air ride seats.