Thread: No tag, need help!

Default No tag, need help!

The last couple of years I've been very fortunate and have drawn many different tags. This year my luck finally ran out. I'm not looking to invite myself or take over anyone's moose hunting locations, but rather be a tag along or for someone to PM me and point me a good starting point to harvest a moose. I am bow certified, have a atv but no boat. My personnel situation limits me, money wise, but am willing to drive any where. Would love to have my best friend/ brother with me but it's not a must. Like I said, just a PM to point in an area to scout this summer so I can harvest a moose for my family. Thanks in advance and good luck.
    Hunt until you don't like it any more

Still a chance to change your luck.

Governor's 20A Moose tag raffle by Fairbanks Chapter of Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. MUCH better odds than you are used to.

Raffle tickets available online at www.rmef.org/Alaska. Need not be present to win.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Is there still an archery registration hunt in the Fbks management area?

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    Is there still an archery registration hunt in the Fbks management area?
    Yep, in November (I think).

No, not that I know of and I live here. There is a general harvest in Nov. for one week around Turkey Day but its not a registration.

Harvest tag in Fairbanks Management Area- Sept thru Nov....
    Stand in Line and get Minto Flats tag...
    Do a registration hunt in 20A..
    Start your own hunting family/group and SHARE the wealth of meat and burdon of getting meat in the freezer.
    (my hunting group drew three tags last year, and our new female hunters all drew tags this year)

Lots of choices, they all have pain/expenses that must be paid to put meat in the freezer, or tag in the pocket...

And Yes, I also live in North Pole, so I have learned how to make our winter's meat.

Chris

This is a switch, I've got several go to's and no idea what to do if I actually drew a tag.

I'm friends with several folks who do or have hunted in Fairbanks area, their hunting sounds as good as what I have in Bristol Bay....just different logistis. I'm sure you will be fine, I'm with AKG&A......start your own camp in an area you scout with all the time you'd have spent researching a draw option.