Thread: boots for snow shoes??

Default boots for snow shoes??

I'm trying to find a good pair of boots for general snow wear but also some snow shoeing. I've got bunny boots for hard corps cold, but I want something for general outdoor winter chores and moderate snow shoeing....I'm old....mole or two max....thinking about some of those rubber and neoprene boots. Anybody have some advice?

Really depends on the temps, how much snow, how wet it is, etc.....I've used Kamiks, Cabela's, Xtratufs, cheap Walmart hikers, even Uggs. Best way to ensure comfort is to have well made, properly sized snowshoes with good bindings, and a variety of boots and socks you can tailor to fit the situation. Good luck, and happy clomping!
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

It depends on the type of snowshoes as some bindings won't fit larger boots. Personally I don't like pack boots because they are heavy and have poor arch support. I've taken to using mountaineering boots, they are reasonably warm and not bulky so work well with modern snow shoe bindings. Check sierra trading post for sales.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

You don't say where you are located, gotago. There are some pretty warm boots out there that do the job. Keen makes a nice winter boot with fair support, I've been using those this winter. Solomon makes a warm winter boot that I have used in the past. Really it is what fits you and there are some nice options out there. Nice light warm boots...

For what it's worth I prefer the extra tuffs. The boots are crap these days after moving production over seas but they fit great in a snowshoe, just don't expect to get more than a few months out of them. I've tried with my whites snow packs and they are too bulky. The Tuffs may not be appropriate for you if it's realy cold where you live though.