Thread: DS165. Any idea's for the area?

Question DS165. Any idea's for the area?

Hello! I'm new to the forum and only 10 years old. My dad (denalihunter) and I drew party sheep tags for DS165. If any of you know about the area, i would like any help I can get. My dad has left it to me to do all the research.

Some kids have all the luck!

I put in for this tag as well and have been doing some online sleuthing on this forum and others. I have read of a few unsuccessful trips, but seen some pictures of decent sheep claiming to have been taken in this area. I think those that score have been keeping pretty tight lips about where they found their rams. Last years harvest statistics looked promising as guided hunters success rates were nearly 100%. Cant remember exactly, but I know it was high. Must be some rams in there. A recent thread about Chugach Sheep Proposals contains a link to ADF&G sheep management plan that gives some insight to numbers of sheep in the area.

I have been using a combination of google earth (especially the distance tool) and the interactive topographic maps provided through the ADF&G Anadromous Waters Catalog to do some digital scouting of places that look interesting.
    Here is the link:
    http://gis.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/FlexM....html?mode=awc

Good luck Denalibob! I hope to see a nice write-up with some sheepy pictures in it in a few months!

Thanks for the link and info I will post pics!

power commuting twixt the valley and anchorage

Bob,
    Looks like you are getting some good advice from your dad's thread.

Good luck Bob. I met you one day last september, but mostly we talked to your uncle about wolf hunting.
    Scott
    My only gear sponsor is the salvation army - Dick Griffith