Thread: Diamond D Leather

Default Diamond D Leather

Sorry if this has been asked as much as "which bear gun?" I tried a search and "diamond" and "leather" are common words on this forum!

Looking for a new LH IWB for a G30SF. I've always used Milt Sparks holsters, but a buddy today said "try the dude in Anchorage that makes them." I Googled and found Diamon D, of course in Wasilla and they look good. Are they as good as they look and worth the money? And is there a dude in Anchorage (or elsewhere in AK), or is "the dude in Wasilla" the guy my buddy was talking about?

Thanks.

The gentleman and the business you are seeking is in Wasilla. I have used most sholder holsters for the big and heavy wheel guns and prefer the Diamond D. They are well made and if there is a problem I feel it would be addressed promptly and fairly but I have never needed any repair. I have not used any of the other standard holsters they offer but I did in the past have a custom holster made and I am quite happy with the result. Call them and talk to them at Diamond D. They are quite plesant.

Not aware of any dudes in Anchorage that are making holsters? However "THEE" dudes that make and sell some bahdass holsters are based in Wasilla, that would indeed be Diamond D. Boondocks in Eagle River usually has a good stock on hand as well.

Pretty sure they do phone orders.

907-631-4212

http://www.diamonddcustomleather.com/
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

KODIAKFLY' "Are they as good as they look and worth the money"?

NO.......They are really worth twice the price.....

+1 on quality and workmanship

Hands down the best chest rig made, worth every dime!

I believe Dave did live in Anchorage and work for the fire department ten or so years ago.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Yep good holsters for sure. Also Simply Rugged was made in Alaska but he moved back to Arizona but still maes them.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Purchased a "Diamond D" rig for my .460 S&W last year, absolutely terrific chest carry holster.

Like most of the people on this forum, my Dimond D's are chest rigs which are just great (I have 2). I have not handled the IWB holsters they make but if they are anything close to the quality of the chest rigs- yes, they would be worth the money (IMO).
    I will be getting a belt holster for a short .44 mag from them as well.
    BEE

Thanks guys. I'll give him a call.

I love Diamond D Guide holsters. I've tried one of their IWB holsters for a compact 1911, but I felt it was too bulky. I ended up with a Crossbreed holster and am very pleased.
    "Beware the man with only one gun; he may know how to use it."

Do they use a metal band around the opening like Milt Sparks, or just thick leather?

I only tried it on for a few minutes (it was a friend's), but I recall it being all leather.
    "Beware the man with only one gun; he may know how to use it."

As mentioned, they are worth more than you'll pay. I've got a custom one he made me for my PC460 that can carry the gun with or without the scope and I have a second one for my camp gun - excellent all leather chest rigs. Dave is also top notch in the customer service department.

Based on the replies I ordered the guide one and it came in the mail today. I have to admit its pretty darn nice and there is good advice in this thread. It fit like a glove, quality, and made in Alaska. No regrets.

DiamondD 001.jpg

These are worth looking at as well:

www.7xleather.com

Quote Originally Posted by Whitworth View Post
    These are worth looking at as well:

www.7xleather.com
    Well I see he is a Stetson hat fan, 7x used to be the top grade of felt Stetson used. I was looking at one fondly many MANY years ago until I saw its price was twice what I made in a year! Had to settle for a 5x but that sure wasn‘t cheap ether!!
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

They are in the process of moving into the old archery range building across from value village in wasilla

Attachment 68629

I have the guide version for my 500 with the optional speed loader attachment and 5 round belt loop attachment. I love it. Very high quality.