Thread: looking for boat/hunter

Default looking for boat/hunter

Just had my buddy (and his boat) drop out of our May hunt this year. I'm looking for someone with a sea-worthy (18ft. or larger) boat who would like to tag along for a bear hunting trip May 17-24. Halibut, salmon fish in the morning and bear hunt at night in the coves. Great hunt; second year to do this. Last year we caught 100 plus pounds of Halibut and got two bear. We have all the fishing gear needed. And you can keep all the halibut I catch. Saw 8 bears within three days. We just don't have a boat this year. If interested, call 322-5390, or send me a PM.

probably would help to list what area of the state your hunting.
    Frank
    Alaska Wildrose Charters and Cabins
    www.wildroselodge.com

Default Homer

We will be hunting out of Homer again. We have all the gear, vehicle and know all the great halibut, salmon, bear spots. Just don't want to have to use a water taxi.

To the top.
    Homer is an excellent place to hunt. There is cold storage to unload some meat/fish and go back to hunting. We hunted there last year, fished for halibut during the day and hunting during the night. Ive got very good locations for fishing halibut and for hunting bear, we just need someone with a boat, and we (3 of us) are willing to pay for fuel and opperational costs. I have plenty of fishing gear. Email me patrick Pblackb592@aol.com or im or email chuikenya for some more details.
    Patrick

Default Hunt

Are you guys local? I saw in the ADN a guy renting a boat out of Homer for $300 per day. Good deal really and it was a 30 footer.

Is this a party of three guys trying to hook up with a boat owner and then you will be fishing/hunting 4 people on one boat?
    Tennessee

Default 2 hunters, 1 fishing

Only 2 of us would be hunting. The other one is just along to split costs and fish. I can sense you questioning 4 guys hunting, so would I, but the spots we hunted last year consistently had bears every single night. Several bears to choose from.
    I'm hunting but if I don't get one, its not a big deal. We love the area and its just fun getting out there.

Wasnt questioning 4 guys hunting together, was just trying to figure out how big of a boat it would take, lol.
    Thats a lot of people and gear. Camping out or returning to Homer every night?
    Tennessee

Default camp

Camping for sure. We'd setup camp in one of "bear" coves and hunt morning/evening-Fish during the day. Last year their was 3 of us in an 18-footer. We managed real good. A little bumpy when the swells got up to 4ft. but otherwise a great trip. We'd only run back to Homer if we needed to drop fish/bear off.

Come on! Now!