Thread: Tangle Lakes

Default Tangle Lakes

Anyone been past the creek coming into the second lake? any more good creeks or bigger grayling further down?

people go all the way down the river an come out down by black rapids an fish graling all the way larger I don't know but some big fish yes what are you looking for a wall hanger ??????

Sid, thanks for your response. We're not looking to put any fish on the wall. We have fished the creek I mentioned for the last few years with success. most fish 12" to 16" on dry flies and nymphs. just wondering how the fishing might be further down. we would be paddling our rented canoes back up to the lodge.

I fished mostly the outlet of Tangle Lake, close to the street (there was a campground there, now it's day-use.
    The last time was late September 2012, lots of grayling. I changed to large nymphs, so I had no mess with the kindergarden. Nothing really big, but lots of fish.
    Once we rented a canoe and landed a nice lake trout (good size). Also in Tangle Lake (= written on google maps).

A good place in fall - no crowds.
    Hans
    It's what you do when no one is looking that counts.

http://hansmetzler.me/

Default tangle lakes

I have had great sucess in all of the little lakes north of the highway for grayling. As a matter of fact did best on size down in the canyon. In the summer if you fish from 11pm-6am seemed to be best for lakers although have caught them in the heat of the day too. Carefull during the day as winds can make travel with no motor difficult at times. We took a raft and a bunch of packrafts and floated down through the Delta river back to the highway. the canyon is pretty short and was a blast in the packrafts. When standing along the canyon from above after each rapid set there was a pool loaded with grayling. Ill post a link to a vid from our trip....although it shows little fishing in the vid you can at least see what it looks like...ps. there is a nice portage around the canyon.
    http://youtu.be/lkwAuGYqHAA
    Last edited by mrgsholly; 02-20-2013 at 18:00. Reason: attached wrong link

Head South and with a little extra work heading in the other direction you will find solitude and larger fish. More work bar none but worth the effort.

If you do in fact look at Google Earth you will see the Southern direction is a series of Lakes or IMO one lake with a substaintial creek inlet at the end as well as the real work to get to Upper Tangle Lakes however most don't venture that far.

Yes during peak season you will some other peeps however few compared to the Northern portion of the system. Again IMO.

Best of luck! Great Area! High Winds on some days but fun to explore.