Thread: Canned Fruit?

Default Canned Fruit?

I was given like 30 or so cans of tangerines. Them being loaded with sugar (40grams a can) would they be worth putting out?
    Or would it just be more trouble than its worth?

Thanks for any responses in advance.. mark.

It certainly couldn't hurt, i'm sure the bears wouldn't mind it. Actually might make a very good "start" bait since how sweet tangerines are, they even give off a sweet aroma. I've fed the bears just about everything from my or relatives pantries/kitchen that would have otherwise been tossed, and can't say they ever turned any of it down.

Quote Originally Posted by blasterak View Post
    It certainly couldn't hurt, i'm sure the bears wouldn't mind it. Actually might make a very good "start" bait since how sweet tangerines are, they even give off a sweet aroma. I've fed the bears just about everything from my or relatives pantries/kitchen that would have otherwise been tossed, and can't say they ever turned any of it down.
    Thanks. And your right about the aroma.. it will probably smell like a orange juice factory by the time their done with it lol!

I think bears are like most animals and produce there own citrus. Idk about putting out tangerines or what not.

Pour them over some breads and pastries and you'll have bears lining up to get some!
    Good luck.
    Steve