Thread: dm790, 20D Delta Junction Management Area - Moose

Default dm790, 20D Delta Junction Management Area - Moose

sorry for the repeat! As someone was kind enough to point out ~ I wasn't expecting you all to know the area by the number. I'll delete the other thread if I can figure it out!

I don't know what I did wrong~ but I excitedly awaited a possibly reponse from 2 folks that PM'ed regarding this hunt/area, and nothing shows in my 'sent box'. Operator error I guess.

Anyhow, we applied for hunts in an area that we could get to. And were lucky enough to get drawn. Didn't get the much coveted bison draw, but we're thrilled with a moose tag.

Anyone kind enough to give me info about this particular hunt/area would be greatly appreciated. I'm not expecting anyones secret area (though, that'd be awesome!), just useful info about the area in general, where we may start (or not start), where we may want to stay or anything else. We'd like to have a fun adventure and primarily get some good food in the freezer for our family. Not gonna lie though, my husband said he'd love for me to get an opportunity to shoot a spectacular animal!

I'll watch the forum & pm is always fine too.

Thank you! Tammy, Sitka

Little view of the area / terrain

sweet shot- what a tease! Ramblin- your inbox is full

I cleaned it out last night

Easy. Take a day off work. Drive up to Delta. Run down a back road. See a moose. Walk over for a better look. Ah dang it moved off. Head back toward the truck. Whoa there is another one! Hey it looks pretty big. Bang. Walk over to inspect being careful to not scrape bare feet on the brush while wearing flip flops. Yup it's big. Make phone call to Dad for help processing. Easy peasy!

Jubilation,

I flew over this area regularly in the Army, and with Air Logistics, both in helicopters. Call me for intel. Crappy area!

Brett

aviator,

sent you a p.m. but your box is full. i am very interested in your intel. thanks. shane

All you have to do is get up early drive meadows rd an get up hi and glass, when I drew that permit, we saw over 40 moose a day. Could have shot a legal bull every day. Got a 43 incher with 4 brow tines....best we saw during the season. B4 the season we saw a 60"'er