Thread: Another Great Day in PWS

Big Lake Alaska

Default Another Great Day in PWS

The wife and I decided that the weather report was just too good to pass up so we went to Whittier this past Saturday. It was glass all day. Made a run out to Naked Island and as always was out fished by the better-half of the team. Whales all around us. Montague just stood out like it had entered into a new ice age. I don't think the snow will ever melt there this year!

We then took a run over to the east side of culross island to hidden bay. What a great place! A little spooky getting into it, but some great waterfalls.

We put 106 miles on the old sled that day. Man it feels good to be back in the water again!

1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469

Default Same here

Launched Friday afternoon. Choppy Friday PM, but glass all the way to Montague Saturday and Sat. evening. Winds 25 mph going into Whittier Sunday mid-day. At low tide and with those winds, it was no fun trying to maneuver at the dock waiting for a spot to open up. Buy hey, 3 gorgeous weekends in a row in PWS and I'm not complaining! Montague photo 5-5-07.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by skydiver; 05-07-2007 at 15:53. Reason: Added photo

Fishing was great and catching a bit lousy but all in all we had a good time exploring. We went out to the Dutch Group and then around Perry Island for a total of about 94 miles. It sure felt good to be out there again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default great shots

Man, those are great shots. I am still hoping for a May 26 launch. I have lots of work to do between now and then!