Thread: Barney's Pack question

Default Barney's Pack question

Does anybody know if the barney's frame works for all of their packs? I have the hunter pack, and want to upgrade to the pinnacle. The hunter is great, and I really like it. The only problem I have is that it fits my gear just fine, but doesn't leave me much room for food. I was thinking I could take the meat shelf off and upgrade to a pinnacle bag and solve my problem.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Afaik the pin points remain the same on the frame.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by duckslayer56 View Post
    Does anybody know if the barney's frame works for all of their packs? I have the hunter pack, and want to upgrade to the pinnacle. The hunter is great, and I really like it. The only problem I have is that it fits my gear just fine, but doesn't leave me much room for food. I was thinking I could take the meat shelf off and upgrade to a pinnacle bag and solve my problem.
    Yes, I've done exactly that.

The only exception is if you have the shorter "Bob" frame, which isn't all that common.

Yk

upgrade to the pinnacle, that's what I did, the hunter bag will still sell pretty quick on AK list. You won't go wrong with this upgrade, my last hunt into the Brooks I hauled out my sheep, with meat on bottom, and cape with a plastic trash bag on it separating all my gear on top of the meat in the bag, with horns and skull on top. I had bretts spotter in the spotter pouch with tripod, rangefinder and my tent poles. The pack was easily 110-120 lbs. And that's the only drawback to the pinnacle......you can put too much in it. Just gotta move slow.

Sounds like a plan. I bet they give a discount on them at the sportsman's show too
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

10% usually