Thread: question about outboard jet unit

Default question about outboard jet unit

Is there supposed to be some kind of seal between the jet unit and where it mounts to the outboard ?

Are having cavitation problems? And is there water coming from the seam ( jet to motor)

No problems i havent put it on yet i had problems with the old jet unit water was blowing out of the seam and i was loosing alot of power and wasting alot of gas i got a new motor and jet unit and before i put it on i want everything right . Seeing the old one operate i just wasnt sure if i needed to seal it or make a gasket or somthing

No seal, the water in/out is all contained within the jet unit. Chances are you had a blown water pump gasket or something in your old unit that was letting water by.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Most of the time this happens it usually means that your vent plate is loose. When this is loose it lets air go through that seam creating cavitation and loss of jet pressure. It will also push water through the seam when its trying to get on step. Most of the time you can fix this by taking off your jet from the motor and tighening 4 bolts from the bottom, and one or two more from the top. I fixed one of these at the Deshka landing last year in about 15 or 20 min. Hope I helped.... Best of luck!