Thread: When looking for drawing tag help.......

Default When looking for drawing tag help.......

please don't just post the number, we don't all have the numbers and the areas memorized!!! post the number and the area like some guys already have, its the best way to get info. i see alot of numbers and skip those threads cause i dont' want to have to look up the area, then answer the thread. just say where it is, you'll get more info that way....just a tid bit.....
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Rodger. I went back and added more info to the DC827, 20A, Caribou info thread. True. I didn't start that one so I couldn't change the title.

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    please don't just post the number, we don't all have the numbers and the areas memorized!!! post the number and the area like some guys already have, its the best way to get info. i see alot of numbers and skip those threads cause i dont' want to have to look up the area, then answer the thread. just say where it is, you'll get more info that way....just a tid bit.....
    Sound advise Jake.. I tried to look up a couple to see if I hunted in those areas but honestly gave up.. If an area is mentioned it will jog the memory quicker then a number...

I'd like to add....

The search function is a wonderful tool. You're likely to find pages of threads along with visitor messages on the area you're looking into.

I simply typed in 'DC287' as an example and came up with >>> http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...archid=1393811

Here's 'DS102' as another example>>> http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...archid=1393827

Best of luck to all!
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Tupper Lake, NEW YORK IN THE CENTER OF THE ADIRONDACK MTS.

Jake,
    Do you have another e-mail I can contact you at since you closed your business??? I tried to contact Amber with no response. I need to find out info on earrings----not fot you, of course!!!! Get back to me.The wife has her kilns fired up again!

my same email works, i've been at work for the last two weeks...i'll email you back!!
    Master guide 212

Brwnbr I have been looking at old threads about sharatin bay. I saw you said you used to guide there and you said the fall hunt was a waste of time. Well my buddy and I drew the fall tag and I was wondering if you could let me know a little more. I was pretty excited to get this tag but now I am a little worried. Any info would be great.

Jon

There is almost zero salmon in that drainage, at least in kizuyak bay which is half your tag. shartin gives out a pile of tags because its close to town, same with the wild creek area over on the flip side of the island. we killed one fall bear in there while i was guiding. look up the hunt stats for that area and you'll see, theres alot of areas on kodiak that are like that. best advice i can give you is glass high, more than likely they'll be up near the rocks eating roots and whats left of the berries. go in oct 24th and suprise them but don't go in any later than that to improve your odds. the bears are there, somewhere just gotta find them. they move less in the fall and you have more darkness and the grass is still up...all those make it a tougher hunt. dont' expect a bear on a salmon stream or the beach. unless your happy with a 3 year old sow...then it might happen.
    Master guide 212

When asking for help, you can also include a link to the ADF&G map by putting the hunt number in the URL. For example, this URL points to the map for the DM410 moose hunt:

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/hu.../pdf/dm410.pdf

Or for DS102 sheep:

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/hu.../pdf/ds102.pdf

Makes it quick for someone to look it up...
    "Your papers are not in order"

Thanks for the info I do appreciate it. I see alot of the land is private and the state manages areas south or elbow creek. Would you stick around there or use a inflatable with an outboard? How is the deer hunting in that area. Thanks.

Jon

I've pretty much stopped using the search feature embedded on this site. Seems like the results are frequently incomplete. Instead i just run a google search using

topic i want to know site:forums.outdoorsdirectory.com

for example:
    ds103 site:forums.outdoorsdirectory.com
    or
    tok sheep site:forums.outdoorsdirectory.com

Find plenty of threads that would have helped a previous poster find the stories he was looking for about his DS103 tag.

good advice on the search stuff, i've had trouble with it in the past as well.....
    bumpin' this to the top!
    Master guide 212