Thread: Dg891

Default Dg891

I am starting to do my research for the tag I drew and was wondering if any forum members could get me pointed in the right direction? I will possibly be looking for a partner.

A suggestion...post where this permit is as lots of folks will bypass an answer until they know where your permit is for. Good luck on the hunt.

GMU 14A, Marcus Baker Glacier...south of 13D, north of 14C (Knik Glacier).

And NuZ, talk to me about this partnership possibility...

nuskovich - I sent you a PM

Will be taking my son along and was wondering if it is worth purchasing a bear tag for MU 14A, Marcus Baker Glacier...south of 13D, north of 14C (Knik Glacier). We will be dropped off on the grasshopper landing strip. Any info would be appreciated.

I'm guessing you mean browns.....? Prob not worth it. Lots of black bears though.
    what time of year are you going?

Quote Originally Posted by NuZ7106 View Post
    Will be taking my son along and was wondering if it is worth purchasing a bear tag for MU 14A,

If you are meaning brown bear, there is always a possibility of running into one literally anywhere in AK. Especially when you've got meat down. For and extra $25. you're covered........
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Middle of September, the primary focus is goat but if the opportunity came along.....

You don't need to be dropped off in Grasshopper unless that is where you chose to, Marcus baker has a strip up high ,talk to Meekins. Thought it might be better since your son is tagging along. I would buy a bear tag, it's when you don't ....they show up.
    Last edited by kahahawai; 07-26-2013 at 09:53. Reason: quote not needed

ok well, i filled my sheep tag now its on for the goat! Is sept 11-18 too early? with their hair be grown out a good ways? if not i have oct 1-8 open as well but worried about weather and if my pilot will be able to land/take off if we have early snow fall?

Quote Originally Posted by acelia8912 View Post
    ok well, i filled my sheep tag now its on for the goat! Is sept 11-18 too early? with their hair be grown out a good ways? if not i have oct 1-8 open as well but worried about weather and if my pilot will be able to land/take off if we have early snow fall?
    I will be doing this hunt this year also. Planning on going in late and high, and yes... I expect weather could be an issue.

Yk

Does anyone know how far past grasshopper valley or how far up grasshopper valley a person can take an ATV or an Argo on tracks? Thxs for your help.

From what I saw while airborne you can get up the glacier but after that it looked like it could be pretty rugged going.

I hunted moose one day, seen 4 bulls with one cow the first morning of my hunt. One of the bulls was a forked horn, he filled my freezer. I was hoping to find one of the big bulls that frequent my area but it seems every year I see a spike or forked early in the hunt. Being a meat hunter I just cant pass on the first legal meat animal I see. Happy family for the next year with full freezers :O)
    Take a youngster out when you go, it will change his/her life forever!!