Thread: 2013 DE 704 Raspberry Island Elk Hunt

Default 2013 DE 704 Raspberry Island Elk Hunt

My wife and I both drew bull elk tags for Raspberry Island late season. I was wondering if anyone had any good information on this hunt. From the little research i have done it seems the best 2 option would be to hunt from a boat with a transporter or stay at one of the lodges on the island but from what i have gathered these are the 2 most expensive options.

is there any public use cabins on Raspberry island ?

Does anyone know of a good hunting transporter in the area?

Thanks anything will help

No there are no public use cabins. Tent camping with the bears, lodge, or transporter that has a boat.
    Dan

If it is just you and your wife, you will need a serious plan to get just one bull off that island, much less two. Yes, it can be done, but it took three of us 2-3 days to get my bull back to the beach. Unless you want to donate it to the bears, you need to hang all the meat close to where you shot it, minus what will go to the beach to get hung up on your first load out. So when you go to get another load, you need to get it down, hike it to the beach, and hang it again, and repeat the process, over and over and over. Raspbery Island Remote Camps used to offer packers for hire, but I am not sure if they do anymore or not. I don't know what your physical fitness level is, but I would make sure you know what you are getting yourself into before you get out there. When I was there, one party never really made it off the beach, and called for a pickup a day or two after the hunt started. This hunt is what you make of it, and one I would love to do again.

Thanks for the info yes we have 2 other guys coming along with us we are both 25 years old and in good shape but i do realize the challenge ahead of us.