Thread: Flight Services for Unit 13B?

Indiana, only because that's where the check came from...

Default Flight Services for Unit 13B?

I guess it's my turn to ask the same question that others have or are about to ask about recommended flight services for the upcoming Fall hunts. I've done a little searching but have not nailed anything down. I'm looking for a recommendation for a flight service to get into Unit 13B for a moose hunt and/or any related information that you care to share publicly about the area. Send me a private message if that's better for you. A quick look at the map points me to something out of Paxson or the Sourdough area, but those more knowledgeable about the area may have something else to offer. Any help will be greatly appreciated as I'm just beginning my necessary homework.

Many thanks...Eric

You know where you want to go in 13B ? ....you looking for tail wheel or floats. I know theres two carriers out of Glenallen area ( Gulkana airport) the planes out of Paxson airstrip are private owners. I believe there used to be one out of meiers lake, but not sure if he still operates.

Unfortunately not. I have a lot of homework to do. My buddy, (AK resident) has a drawn a caribou tag for Unit 13 and I, a non-resident have the bull moose tag with the standard size restrictions some of us face. I'm really open to just about anything at this point to get me pointed in the right direction. I too had a lead on someone out of Glennallen with floats, however, it appears to me that that may be some distance into 13B, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. We're both fishing guides in AK and come off the river on September 2 and would like to fly in for the hunt somewhere around Sept 7 or 8.

Butch @ Gracious House would be my choice 822-7307 or 259-1111.

Denali rd. 50 miles in from Cantwell.

Jerry from Lee's Air Taxi he is on floats, and also has cub i still think, and Ellis out of Gulkana. Gulkana is not far from Paxson, just right down the road, I would say 50 or so miles. I 'm trying to think of the guy out of meiers lake with floats, but I'm sure someone here knows.

Thank you both for the ideas so far, it help a lot. You know how this goes, as a non-resident you apply for a drawing and you take what you get then the hard work starts. I have a name out of Gakona, Harley McMahan. At this time of the year many of these guys are traveling or working elsewhere so I've not made any contact yet.