Thread: Archery Moose - DM444

Default Archery Moose - DM444

I posted this same question on the hunting page. It may be more appropriate on the bow hunting page. I got lucky and drew a tag for archery moose. Does anyone know any helpful information about the area or hunt?

Lots of information here on these forums, just do a search for Ft. Rich or JBER hunts. You will also get lots of good information at the orientation before the hunt opens.

Thanks for the information. I am excited to be able to hunt a moose with a bow. It sounds like the hunt is in a park, one of the requirements if I harvest a moose is to remove everything including the gut pile. This make me think the hunting area is semi-urban?

Thanks again,
    Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Rod123 View Post
    Thanks for the information. I am excited to be able to hunt a moose with a bow. It sounds like the hunt is in a park, one of the requirements if I harvest a moose is to remove everything including the gut pile. This make me think the hunting area is semi-urban?

Thanks again,
    Rod
    You are right, that is a park. It is actually not the one I was thinking of at first. I thought it was one of the Ft. Rich or JBER archery moose hunts. Sorry about the confusion. I think that one is a new one or at least pretty new in the last year or two. Probably going to be pretty short on information unless you find someone who lives close by.

That's a very urban area, especially the southern boundary. This interactive map tool may help. (I've never hunted that area, so I can't really help with that info). Good luck!

http://mapper.acme.com/

Thanks for the mapping link. I will keep looking for information on the moose hunt. It opens in around the 20th of October. Any ideas if the bulls will still be rutting?