Thread: Deployed soldiers need reading material!

Default Deployed soldiers need reading material!

I have a couple of friends who are currently in Afghanistan. I asked them if I could send something, and they both want "Hunt Alaska" and "Fish Alaska" magazines. So I am going to collect as many back issues as I can to send them. If any of you have back - issues you're willing to part with, let me know. I'd like to get the box in the mail ASAP.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Contact them directly and I bet they would donate you back issues for nothing.
    info@fishalaskamagazine.com
    fishalaska@acsalaska.net

Semper FI bro!
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

If one of them can see their way to do this, please post up the name of the Magazine and a link maybe too. I'd be enough to make me go look, to see if I wanted to subscribe. Hope you succeed.

I've got Field and Stream and Outdoor Life if you want them.

I have years of back issues of Fish Alaska that are just collecting dust. You're welcome to them. I will be gone for the weekend, but will be back on Monday night. If you happen to be coming to the forum get-together at Pizza Man next Tuesday, I could bring them then.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    I have years of back issues of Fish Alaska that are just collecting dust. You're welcome to them. I will be gone for the weekend, but will be back on Monday night. If you happen to be coming to the forum get-together at Pizza Man next Tuesday, I could bring them then.
    Brian, I'm not coming to the Pizza Man gathering (pregnant wife needs me home as much as possible.), but I have a college course in Eagle River on Saturdays from 1:00 PM til 3:50 PM. This coming Saturday is out, since we have a class at UAA in Anchorage all day. I'm still waiting for a mail order gift for one of my friends though, so maybe we could meet next weekend? I could go to class early, or stay late - whatever works best for you.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

I'll try to let you know what my status will be next weekend. My wife and two boys are out of town for the next week and a half, so I'm getting out as much as possible. I probably won't be in town on Saturday, but I may be heading out to the Valley sometime next week to drop off some skulls to get cleaned. Either way, I'll be sure to get these to you. If I need to make a trip out to do so, I'm glad to do that.

In the meantime, I'm going to copy this thread into the hunting and fishing forums. There are a lot more sets of eyes there, so hopefully we can gather quite the pile of magazines for these men.

Default Magazines

If I had an address, I could mail 50-60 issues of Outdoor Life, Field & Stream, Handguns, and several more names of hunting and fishing mags. My wife told me about a month ago that she had cleaned out my man cave closet and they were in the garage and to get rid of them.