Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 95

Thread: Dc483

  1. #1
    Member mod elan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Glennallen
    Posts
    1,476

    Default Dc483

    So where is the AOD camp going to be for the 483 tag holders?

  2. #2
    Member Hunt&FishAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Valley trash
    Posts
    2,316

    Default

    geez 483s combined with the RC566s its gonna be chaos up there....im probly gonna hafta get off the road just see a bou.....



    Release Lake Trout

  3. #3
    Forum Admin Brian M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    13,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    geez 483s combined with the RC566s its gonna be chaos up there....im probly gonna hafta get off the road just see a bou.....
    People said the same thing about this year too, but I sure didn't have any problem finding space to hunt alone. Park the machine and start walking - you'll be alone once you're 100 yards off the trail or road. There were what - 8,000 total Nelchina tags last year? I don't buy for a second that it's going to be all that bad, at least not if you don't want it to be. The usual trailheads will be packed and the road hunters will be out in force, but there is a lot of lonely country out there.

  4. #4
    Member Kotton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Anchorage ak
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    geez 483s combined with the RC566s its gonna be chaos up there....im probly gonna hafta get off the road just see a bou.....
    Should have seen it last year!Those bou just don't move it's a constant run lol.Straight up war zone I tell ya!

  5. #5
    Member SkinnyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    20B
    Posts
    1,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mod elan View Post
    So where is the AOD camp going to be for the 483 tag holders?
    Sourdough Campground, August 10 - September 20. See you there
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.


  6. #6
    Member mossyhorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Woodland, Washington
    Posts
    866

    Default

    What's up with all the 483 tags?! I put in for 482 and haven't heard or seen of anyone that drew it. According to F&G the allotment was the same for both those hunts. Unless they changed it.

  7. #7
    Member ak_cowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    People said the same thing about this year too, but I sure didn't have any problem finding space to hunt alone. Park the machine and start walking - you'll be alone once you're 100 yards off the trail or road. There were what - 8,000 total Nelchina tags last year? I don't buy for a second that it's going to be all that bad, at least not if you don't want it to be. The usual trailheads will be packed and the road hunters will be out in force, but there is a lot of lonely country out there.
    Yeah, but only 5000 of those went hunting. I'm planning on walking around a swamp then up a cliff. Going someplace a 4wheeler can't will make the hunt 10x better

  8. #8
    Moderator stid2677's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Fairbanks Area
    Posts
    7,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mossyhorn View Post
    What's up with all the 483 tags?! I put in for 482 and haven't heard or seen of anyone that drew it. According to F&G the allotment was the same for both those hunts. Unless they changed it.
    My Son drew 482 and I drew 483.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

  9. #9
    Member mossyhorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Woodland, Washington
    Posts
    866

    Default

    Congrats to you both Stid! I wonder if they'll issue more tags like they did last year?

  10. #10
    Member Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ak_cowboy View Post
    Yeah, but only 5000 of those went hunting. I'm planning on walking around a swamp then up a cliff. Going someplace a 4wheeler can't will make the hunt 10x better
    It's easy to do. I don't even take a wheeler and get a nice bull every year. Helped packed my buddies bull that was 6 miles off the road and my own which was 4 miles.

  11. #11
    Member blasterak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    14A
    Posts
    913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mossyhorn View Post
    Congrats to you both Stid! I wonder if they'll issue more tags like they did last year?
    That's what i'm hoping for got my fingers crossed that I still have a chance. It is a fun hunt with some absolutely nice bulls out there, easy to get away from people.

  12. #12
    Sponsor Hoytguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    1,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mossyhorn View Post
    What's up with all the 483 tags?! I put in for 482 and haven't heard or seen of anyone that drew it. According to F&G the allotment was the same for both those hunts. Unless they changed it.

    My daughter drew the 482, My son and I drew the 483 and the wife drew the 480.. Looks like we'll be caribou hunting again this year.. Just hope we can find one..
    Quality Counts @ Dahlberg's Taxidermy

  13. #13
    Member Hunt&FishAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Valley trash
    Posts
    2,316

    Default

    im planning to hunt off the road anyway IF time allows....not sure what work will be like this fall, but would love to have 3-4 days over labor day weekend to get off the road and just backpack it, either with a bud or solo....never hunted caribou before but have always wanted to....



    Release Lake Trout

  14. #14
    Member TWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    3,573

    Default

    Hillbilly Delux at the Maclaren. I'll be passing out hangovers.

    BOOYAH!
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

  15. #15
    Premium Member Wyo2AK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Spenard
    Posts
    1,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mod elan View Post
    So where is the AOD camp going to be for the 483 tag holders?
    More importantly... who's bringing the beer??
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

  16. #16

    Default

    HAHA...sounds fun...though I'll be hiking in for my caribou this year....wouldn't want to over work my 6x6s

  17. #17
    Moderator LuJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kotton View Post
    Should have seen it last year!Those bou just don't move it's a constant run lol.Straight up war zone I tell ya!
    Yup, I don't know how anyone could find a bou or if they did how they would get it to stand still long enough to take an ethical shot at it...

  18. #18
    Member TWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    3,573

    Default

    I'll hunt mid September so you guys can report back where the animals are.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

  19. #19
    Member Carlak2fl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    South Anchorage
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyo2AK View Post
    More importantly... who's bringing the beer??
    not much of a beer drinker, but should have some whiskey around the campfire.

  20. #20
    Member mod elan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Glennallen
    Posts
    1,476

    Default

    Dry camp for me. You folks can go somewhere else.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •