Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Iron Dog Start at Big Lake- See the New CFMoto ATV's & Side x Sides!

1340 Rudakof Cr Anchorage, AK 99508 (Off Debarr & Bragaw across from Costco)

Default 2013 Iron Dog Start at Big Lake- See the New CFMoto ATV's & Side x Sides!

Come visit Marita Sea & Ski/ Alaska Power Sports at the Iron Dog Start line this weekend Saturday February 16th and Sunday February 17th. We will have the tent filled with our new CF Moto line-up, Polaris snow machines, and Klim gear. Looking for a great deal on Klim? Come visit our booth. We have exceptional sales too low to advertise the price! The Iron Dog start is free to attend and Big Lake Winterfest starts Saturday at 10am and goes throughout the weekend. Donít miss out on the fun! We hope to see you out there!

We are excited to introduce CF Moto to Alaska, available only at Marita Sea & Ski/ Alaska Power Sports. CF Moto has phenomenal ATV's, Side x Sides, Motorcycles, and Scooters. If you are looking for an ATV, Side x Side, or Motorcycle that is affordable, dependable, and great looking, and that will make other people turn their heads, CF Moto is it. Stop by our showroom or give us a call at 907-337-2744 and ask for sales.

Klim #2.jpg

CF Moto #2.jpg

CF Moto Off-Road All Machine Comparison (below)

Lori Price,
    Marketing & Sales
    Marita Sea & Ski/ Alaska Power Sports
    1340 Rudakof Cr
    Anchorage, AK 99508
    www.alaskapowersports.com
    Last edited by Brian M; 02-19-2013 at 09:05.

I bought the side x side off the CF moto dealer in Kenai a few years ago all I can say is "JUNK"
    Had to go put loc-tite on almost every bolt and screw . Sooooo many problems I sold it.
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Oh don't worry, the super fast and friendly folks at Marita will have plenty of time to fix this junk now that they are getting out of the boat business.

Just another nail in their coffin.

Sad times

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I bought the side x side off the CF moto dealer in Kenai a few years ago all I can say is "JUNK"
    Had to go put loc-tite on almost every bolt and screw . Sooooo many problems I sold it.

Default Know Your Machines Before You Speak

Roger,

CFMoto has never built a two seat side by side, nor has there ever been a dealer in the state of Alaska.

Tracey Harmon
    General Manager
    Marita Sea & Ski/Alaska Power Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Cresent Hills View Post
    Oh don't worry, the super fast and friendly folks at Marita will have plenty of time to fix this junk now that they are getting out of the boat business.

Sad times
    Crescent Hills,

Don't be sad; we are not getting out of the boat business! In fact you will be happy to hear we have sold six boats over the past two weeks, that we have seven custom pilot houses being built for delivery, and that he have new 2013 boats on the way. Yes we have changed our approach to selling boats, but we are not getting out of the business. So be happy!

As for the CFMoto line; no junk here. These boys have been building machines for 28 years...for a number of manufacturers that anyone would recognize; but no longer. Now they are entering the U.S. under their own name. And like anything else, you get what you pay for. Anyone who buys a CFMoto gets a top-end machine loaded with features for a good price. And who doesn't want that?!

I know you will be happy to hear that Marita Sea & Ski/Alaska Power Sports is here to stay.

Tracey Harmon
    General Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Tracey Harmon View Post
    Roger,

CFMoto has never built a two seat side by side, nor has there ever been a dealer in the state of Alaska.

Tracey Harmon
    General Manager
    Yes there has Go back on the forum and look up CFmoto. Down and dirty UTVs was selling them. They have since went out of business because CFmoto is junk. As far as CFMoto not making these it has a CFMoto engine .But I guess the title that says CFmoto was fake !!! I bought this in 2011 so maybe the company has changed hands since then

Just saying those of you wanting to buy a CFMOTO anything remember "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR"

http://www.qualityatvs.com/store/mer...Category_Code=
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Yes there has Go back on the forum and look up CFmoto. Down and dirty UTVs was selling them. They have since went out of business because CFmoto is junk. As far as CFMoto not making these it has a CFMoto engine .But I guess the title that says CFmoto was fake !!! I bought this in 2011 so maybe the company has changed hands since then

Just saying those of you wanting to buy a CFMOTO anything remember "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR"

http://www.qualityatvs.com/store/mer...Category_Code=
    Roger,

There has never been a CFMoto dealer in Alaska, according to CFMoto themselves. I made the call, just to verify what I already knew. We are the first, and the only dealer, in the state of Alaska. Nor has CFMoto ever been owned by another party. There is but one owner, who started the company 28 years ago, and he is still the owner.

I am not familiar with "Down and Dirty UTV". However I have seen a plethora of "garage door dealers" and "Best Price ATV" web sites, and most do go out of business. "Best price" doesn't pay the bills. I doubt seriously that "Down and Dirty" went out of business due to CFMoto. It is much more likely they were selling bargin basement equipment at non-sustainable prices.

It is quite possible the machine you bought had a CFMoto motor, as stated in the link you provided, as they make 800,000 motors a year for other manufacturers around the world (including the big boys). Just because a CFMoto engine was powering the machine does not make the machine a CFMoto.

I followed the link you provided. It took me to another "Best Price" web site, which is called "Best Price ATV" (go figure). They had one two-seat side by side in stock (an off-brand). They had no four seaters in stock, and had not had any "in the last four months" (quote), nor do they foresee "getting any in the next couple of months" (quote). Surprise, surprise. This web site operator, like garage door dealers, sells whatever no-one else wants or can't sell. This explains the hit and miss inventory.

Now for your statement "you get what you ay for". You are right, one gets what they pay for! What else can one expect when they pay $6,849.00 for a machine immediately marked down from $13,995.00 (as stated on the web site you provided). If one cannot remember the adage "you get what they pay for" maybe they could remember "if it sounds to good to be true...".

Take a close look at the CFMotos on our floor. Everyone that has done so has been very surprised at the quality, the fit, and the value. And everyone that has purchased one from us has been well pleased with their purchase.

Tracey Harmon
    General Manager

Tracy,

I am curious, with Polaris already on the floor what was the purpose of taking in CFMoto? Polaris, to me, is proven. Ive been through a yand full of Rangers and sleds.

Not lookin to beat one up over the other, again, just curious?
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

You want a name brand at a decent price look here and compare to the local price. Still get a warranty too. http://www.outboards-motors.com

Where I go to get my power toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Cresent Hills View Post

Sad times
    I think the coffin would sink with all the nails they earned in it. My experience with them says they need to be out of the boat business.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Tracy,

I am curious, with Polaris already on the floor what was the purpose of taking in CFMoto? Polaris, to me, is proven. Ive been through a yand full of Rangers and sleds.

Not lookin to beat one up over the other, again, just curious?
    Hey TWB,

Polaris is our main line; a line we are quite proud of. However some customers cannot afford, or do not want, a Polaris. We added CFMoto to address those, and other concerns; becoming a multi-line dealer as many dealers are.

I can assure you that we picked up the CFMoto line only after careful vetting. That vetting included meeting with/speaking to... two dealers in Montana, two dealers in Colorado, a dealer in Oklahoma, a dealer in Arkansas, a dealer in Oregon, and finally a dealer in Washington. Then I visited the factory in China. Only after that very careful look did we select CFMototo to complement our line of products. In short, we will only sell product which has an established history (CFMoto is nearly three decades old), which we personnally have checked out, which we ourselves would use (and are), and which we believe will satisfy our customer's needs.

I am sure CFMoto will be a "Alaskan staple" in a very few short seasons, just as Polaris is now.

Tracey Harmon
    General Manager

Quote Originally Posted by polardds View Post
    You want a name brand at a decent price look here and compare to the local price. Still get a warranty too. http://www.outboards-motors.com

Where I go to get my power toys.
    Hey polardds,

We checked out that web site company after one of our customers told us about it (which may have been you). It took many many attempts to contact those folks. Then when we were able to contact someone they insisted on cash, though their web site clearly states they accept credit cards. Yet, we decided to persist; we made the decision to order a Polaris Sportsman 500. They never took our order, most likely because we demanded a few answers...such as how to satisfy a warranty claim.

We pressed the warranty issue after checking with some of the manufacturers of the name brand products listed on that site. None knew who that company is. All said, that if the product is real, it will not be warranteed in the U.S. as the product was not manufactured for the U.S., nor would it be warranteed if it was fake product. When we questioned the person at the site about warranty they had no answers as to how or who was providing the warranty in the U.S. They then quit returning our calls.

It would be prudent for anyone thinking about buying from that company to insist on a serial number so a quick call could be made to the "manufacturer", just to see if the product would indeed be covered in the U.S.

Once again, "if it's too good to be true..." and "you get what you pay for" rears it's head.

Tracey Harmon
    General Manager

I personally and two friends have ordered using CC with no problems. We all,used CC to add a layer of protection if there was any default on delivery or any other problems. We all have had no issues and things have worked out good for us. This is just my personal experience. I mainly posted initially because I am getting tired of people using the Forum to advertise their products or businesses in Forum threads.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtofak View Post
    I think the coffin would sink with all the nails they earned in it. My experience with them says they need to be out of the boat business.
    Hey Bill,

Our coffin is far from sinking. I suggest you stop by and let me explain the changes which have taken place here at Marita Sea & Ski/Alaska Power Sports, changes which include new management (as of a year ago) and a customer oriented approach to conducting business. We are here to stay, and would I for one would be happy to hear your concerns and suggestions.

Tracey Harmon
    General Manager

Quote Originally Posted by polardds View Post
    I personally and two friends have ordered using CC with no problems. We all,used CC to add a layer of protection if there was any default on delivery or any other problems. We all have had no issues and things have worked out good for us. This is just my personal experience. I mainly posted initially because I am getting tired of people using the Forum to advertise their products or businesses in Forum threads.
    polardds,

I am happy to hear ordering from that site has proven to be a positive experience for you and your friends. As I stated, the folks at that site quit returning our calls when we pressed them on the warranty. That told me everything I needed to know.

As for our advertising on the forum that is the way the forum works; sponsors pay for the right to advertise...paying the forums operational costs. As forum sponsors we "get to" advertise, but no one else. This keeps the number of advertisers down, yet as already stated, pays to keep the forum up and running for everyone's use.

Tracey Harmon
    General Manager

I stopped in and looked at the CFMOTO machines. I went in with the same predetermined mine set that it was just cheap garbage from China. I left purchasing 3 CFMOTOs and 1 ranger. The fit and finish on these machines are second to non. I even looked at the welds on the frames and down to the screws in the Cowlings. From Braided Brake lines to their lighted digital read out dash. These are built right and the standard machine comes with items you waoudl have to add on with any of the other big name brands. I researched the company and I even talked to the dealer in Montana. CFMOTO is in Europe, Australia, and Canada. they are now last moving into the us. I believe they have made motors for the Can Am and parts for Polaris and Yamha. You will have to put your Alaskan ATV snob noses away and go look at the machines with an open mind. I had to and glad that I did. Do I feel like I took a gamble? Maybe but I prefer to call it a reasonable and informed risk. Go look and test drive the machines, then research the company. You will be glad You did. I have been in Alaska 25 years, I own polaris, ski doo, Yamaha, arctic cat, suzuki and Piper. I know toys.

Quote Originally Posted by McLucky View Post
    I stopped in and looked at the CFMOTO machines. I went in with the same predetermined mine set that it was just cheap garbage from China. I left purchasing 3 CFMOTOs and 1 ranger. The fit and finish on these machines are second to non. I even looked at the welds on the frames and down to the screws in the Cowlings. From Braided Brake lines to their lighted digital read out dash. These are built right and the standard machine comes with items you waoudl have to add on with any of the other big name brands. I researched the company and I even talked to the dealer in Montana. CFMOTO is in Europe, Australia, and Canada. they are now last moving into the us. I believe they have made motors for the Can Am and parts for Polaris and Yamha. You will have to put your Alaskan ATV snob noses away and go look at the machines with an open mind. I had to and glad that I did. Do I feel like I took a gamble? Maybe but I prefer to call it a reasonable and informed risk. Go look and test drive the machines, then research the company. You will be glad You did. I have been in Alaska 25 years, I own polaris, ski doo, Yamaha, arctic cat, suzuki and Piper. I know toys.

That's one heck of a first post.
    ďLife has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.Ē ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Tracy told me they are really fine and I do trust his judgment in both rafts and machines. A very honest person!! I have known and worked with him for LOTS of years. Again-- for what it is worth only my opinion, and as a lot of you know Goo is NOT a big china person!! Guess you should check it out yourself.
    Good luck,
    Goo Vogt
    ALASKA WILDWATER

I don't care who endorses it, I will wait until it has developed an ALASKAN reputation before even considering it. Time will tell....

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    That's one heck of a first post.
    Kinda makes you wonder if MrLucky isn't on the payroll.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast