Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: CF Moto- New to Alaska!

  1. #1
    Member Alaska Power Sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    1340 Rudakof Cr Anchorage, AK 99508 (Off Debarr & Bragaw across from Costco)
    Posts
    145

    Default CF Moto- New to Alaska!

    We are excited to introduce CF Moto to Alaska, available only at Marita Sea & Ski/ Alaska Power Sports. CF Moto has phenomenal ATV's, Side x Sides, Motorcycles, and Scooters. If you are looking for an ATV, Side x Side, or Motorcycle that is affordable, dependable, and great looking, and that will make other people turn their heads, CF Moto is it. Stop by our showroom or give us a call at 907-337-2744 and ask for sales.

    CF Moto Lineup
    CF Moto Lineup.jpg

    CF Moto Z6 in action!
    Z6 in Action.jpg

    CF Moto Consumer Riding Video (below)


    Lori Price,
    Marketing & Sales
    Marita Sea & Ski/ Alaska Power Sports
    1340 Rudakof Cr
    Anchorage, AK 99508
    www.alaskapowersports.com
    Mon-Fri 9am-6pm
    Sat 9am-5pm

  2. #2
    Member ak_cowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Where are these made at?

  3. #3
    Member Akheloce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Homer
    Posts
    1,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ak_cowboy View Post
    Where are these made at?
    Made in China
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  4. #4
    Member ak_cowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akheloce View Post
    Made in China
    No thank you

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    282

    Default

    I can't believe Polaris would allow these in the same showroom as their ATV's. Will they all come with a free tow rope?

    Skip out of this years snowmachine show, then the boat show, now Chinese ATV's??? Can't be good for business.

  6. #6
    Member chico99645's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    1,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ak_cowboy View Post
    No thank you

  7. #7
    Member TWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    3,573

    Default

    Everything is made in China.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    93

    Default

    These are clearly clone type products, but if there is dealer support, parts and warranties available, a little competition isnt a bad thing.

  9. #9
    Member mjm316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    822

    Default

    J u n k ! ! !
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

  10. #10
    Member tjm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,125

    Default

    Curious why you say that mjm...what is your experience with these machines lately that makes you say that?...I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has had their hands on one of these latest generation CF's...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

  11. #11
    New member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Peoples,

    CFMoto is made in China. No shame in that. Many quality items are made in China, such as the iPhone that many of you are carrying. By the way, while in China I heard the Chinese using the same phrase we Americans are so fond of using; you get what you pay for! They were quick to point out they would build junk, or top-line product, according to the buyers desire. Just like every other manufacturer on the planet.

    Marita Sea & Ski/Alaska Power Sports is a locally owned company. It is not a Polaris owned store therefore they have no say as to what we sell. We welcome Polaris' input as they are a very important part of our business but it is the owners of Marita that make the decisions, good or bad.

    We were not at the snowmachine show nor the boat show because neither have proven profitable for our operation. We prefer to ask people to come to our store, or to our private functions, both of which have proven to be quite profitable. To be, or not to be, at a show is a business decision; no more, no less.

    CFMoto machines are not clones. They have been building machines and components for almost three decades...for almost everyone else. Up until now CFMoto has been a major manufacturer building "dirt toys (or components for them)" for many brands you would instantly recognize. That is no longer the case, as they are now marketing worldwide under their own name. That's worldwide. They average 600,000 units a year, along with 800,000 motors!

    Junk they are not. Every single person who has walked into the store to look at CFMoto machines has been very impressed with the fit, the finish, the look, and the value. Many of those lookers have already purchased with the knowledge they have a one year warranty (backed by Marita), readily availability parts here at Marita Sea & Ski/Alaska Power Sports, and factory trained technicians ready to repair anything that crops up.

    We recognize there will be a bit of "push back", and welcome it; it's no different than when that "Japanese stuff" showed up on our shores!

    Come on down and look at these machines folks. Take one for a spin. Make up your own mind, with your own facts.

    Tracey Harmon
    General Manager
    Marita Sea & Ski/Alaska POwer Sports

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Palmer Alaska
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Come on down and look at these machines folks. Take one for a spin. Make up your own mind, with your own facts.

    Tracey Harmon
    General Manager
    Marita Sea & Ski/Alaska POwer Sports[/QUOTE]


    Maybe it's just me but personally I interpreted the tone of that comment as being a little insulting.....on another note
    I got all the facts I needed, the moment I learned they were made in China.... personally I don't buy Japanese anymore then I can help it either, However I would be 100 times more likely to buy a honda product then some unknown brand such as CF Moto.The major reason for me is that I have personally seen Honda stand the test of time, as well as my current opinion of Japan is a lot better then my current opinion of China. I wont call CF Moto junk because I've never owned one. However like most folks I want to see a product in common service (by common I mean in work places as well as in hunting camps and motor crosses across the country)... for awhile before I even consider forking over that much cash for one. All that being said.... I do wish you luck in your investment with their product.....

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Palmer Alaska
    Posts
    224

    Default

    "We were not at the snowmachine show nor the boat show because neither have proven profitable for our operation. We prefer to ask people to come to our store, or to our private functions, both of which have proven to be quite profitable. To be, or not to be, at a show is a business decision; no more, no less". [QUOTE=Tracey Harmon;1249637]Peoples,

    Personally as a customer I have always seen these shows as a community event. Any business advertising at these shows has always gained popularity with me because I start thinking of them as a local buisness as well as a contributor to the community. if you were truly losing money at these events then i can understand pulling out from a business prospective.....but if profit is all your company is about then that already says more then I need to know.

  14. #14
    Member Dirtofak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Beaver Creek
    Posts
    2,267

    Default

    [QUOTE=AlaskanTides;1250368]"We were not at the snowmachine show nor the boat show because neither have proven profitable for our operation. We prefer to ask people to come to our store, or to our private functions, both of which have proven to be quite profitable. To be, or not to be, at a show is a business decision; no more, no less".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracey Harmon View Post
    Peoples,
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracey Harmon View Post
    Personally as a customer I have always seen these shows as a community event. Any business advertising at these shows has always gained popularity with me because I start thinking of them as a local buisness as well as a contributor to the community. if you were truly losing money at these events then i can understand pulling out from a business prospective.....but if profit is all your company is about then that already says more then I need to know.
    I bought a wheeler from AK Powersports.
    I bought a boat from Marita.
    Both times I was an excel spreadsheet statistic. A moment on a graph. Never was I treated like a human. Never were my concerns handled by anyone that cared or proved to competent.
    Nuff Said.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

  15. #15
    Member Deak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracey Harmon View Post
    We were not at the snowmachine show nor the boat show because neither have proven profitable for our operation. We prefer to ask people to come to our store, or to our private functions, both of which have proven to be quite profitable. To be, or not to be, at a show is a business decision; no more, no less.
    The cost of participating in the show might seem high because no-one brings cash into the show and buys product. Public opinion is formed at these shows and when you are absent it can cost you more in the long run. Seeing marita pullout of all the shows and being told by their salesperson they will no longer boats over 21ft but will take my money if I want to order a larger one (sight unseen) makes me think they are having financial problems. At this point I am not replacing my 2 Polaris sleds but when it is time to replace them I won't be ordering from a dealer that chooses not to participate in the show.
    I am looking for a new 26ft boat this year. Marita sales dept said they aren't catering to this market any longer. The boats take to long to sell and they are only stocking < 21ft boats on the lot. It's possible they haven't find a Chinese supplier for 26ft boats yet.

    It's the snowmachine forum so I'll stop talking about boats. It just bums me out to have a local dealer disengage and want to act like a service center but still get commissions from being a dealer without doing the work.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanTides View Post
    "Personally as a customer I have always seen these shows as a community event. Any business advertising at these shows has always gained popularity with me because I start thinking of them as a local buisness as well as a contributor to the community. if you were truly losing money at these events then i can understand pulling out from a business prospective.....but if profit is all your company is about then that already says more then I need to know.
    My name is Lori Price. I have been a customer of Marita's for over 7 years and an employee for the last 1 ½ years working in marketing and sales. This company is not all about profit and takes pride in being a large part of the community. We support the Iron Dog donating the 2nd place prize for 2 years in a row (a Polaris Rush Pro R), sponsored 2 teams in the Iron Dog (#27 and #38), and help support non-profit organizations. Some of the non-profit organizations we help support include Anchorage Snowmobile Club (ASC), Safari Club International (SCI), Becoming an Outdoors Women (BOW), Wounded Warriors, Armed Services of YMCA, Healing Waters, and many other programs. We also have held public events such as “Jet Boat Weekend” where over 150+ people gathered for a weekend of camping, jet boating, and fishing for the whole family.

    This is a company that cares about their customers and employees and will not BS you into buying something you do not want to buy. We have a friendly knowledgeable staff including an exceptional service department that has been rated top notch by many people in the community. We hold tech seminars during the fall open house on pre-maintenance and other areas and have heard high remarks from riders of all manufacturers.

    Give Marita Sea & Ski/ Alaska Power Sports a chance if you have not done so. I believe you will be happy with your product and the quality of service. Management has changed in the last 2 years and a lot of positive changes have been made.

    Check out our facebook and homepage to stay tuned on future events including the Sportsmans Show at the Sullivan Arena, Spring Open House, and Jet Boat Weekend.

    Lori Price

  17. #17

    Default

    [QUOTE=Deak;1252070]The cost of participating in the show might seem high because no-one brings cash into the show and buys product. Public opinion is formed at these shows and when you are absent it can cost you more in the long run. Seeing marita pullout of all the shows and being told by their salesperson they will no longer boats over 21ft but will take my money if I want to order a larger one (sight unseen) makes me think they are having financial problems. At this point I am not replacing my 2 Polaris sleds but when it is time to replace them I won't be ordering from a dealer that chooses not to participate in the show.
    I am looking for a new 26ft boat this year. Marita sales dept said they aren't catering to this market any longer. The boats take to long to sell and they are only stocking < 21ft boats on the lot. It's possible they haven't find a Chinese supplier for 26ft boats yet.QUOTE]

    I am not sure who you spoke with and I am sorry you received incorrect information but Marita carries boats that are 21+ feet. There are many brands including Wooldridge and River Hawk including the new 24' Wooldridge Pilot House, the new 28' River Hawk OffShore XL, along with many others that will be available this year.

    There were multiple boats available over 21+ feet this last year and will have more coming this year. There will be jet boats, river boats, and ocean boats available. Of course if someone wants a custom boat tailored to their exact liking- we will work with the manufacturer to make that happen.
    We will also have a variety of boats under 21 foot including inflatables for floating the rivers and dinghy’s for your ocean boat.

    Marita carries a wide variety of products from boats, inflatables, snow machines, side x sides and ATV’s, to clothing and helmets and everything in between.

    Lori Price,
    Marketing & Sales
    Marita Sea & Ski/ Alaska Power Sports

  18. #18
    Member Dirtofak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Beaver Creek
    Posts
    2,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyfishgirl View Post
    My name is Lori Price. I have been a customer of Marita's for over 7 years and an employee for the last 1 ½ years working in marketing and sales. This company is not all about profit and takes pride in being a large part of the community. We support the Iron Dog donating the 2nd place prize for 2 years in a row (a Polaris Rush Pro R), sponsored 2 teams in the Iron Dog (#27 and #38), and help support non-profit organizations. Some of the non-profit organizations we help support include Anchorage Snowmobile Club (ASC), Safari Club International (SCI), Becoming an Outdoors Women (BOW), Wounded Warriors, Armed Services of YMCA, Healing Waters, and many other programs. We also have held public events such as “Jet Boat Weekend” where over 150+ people gathered for a weekend of camping, jet boating, and fishing for the whole family.

    This is a company that cares about their customers and employees and will not BS you into buying something you do not want to buy. We have a friendly knowledgeable staff including an exceptional service department that has been rated top notch by many people in the community. We hold tech seminars during the fall open house on pre-maintenance and other areas and have heard high remarks from riders of all manufacturers.

    Give Marita Sea & Ski/ Alaska Power Sports a chance if you have not done so. I believe you will be happy with your product and the quality of service. Management has changed in the last 2 years and a lot of positive changes have been made.

    Check out our facebook and homepage to stay tuned on future events including the Sportsmans Show at the Sullivan Arena, Spring Open House, and Jet Boat Weekend.

    Lori Price
    What about ownership? Has it changed?
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtofak View Post

    What about ownership? Has it changed?
    Wade, the previous manager and co-owner is no longer here. Tracey Harmon has taken over Wade's position as General Manager.
    A lot of things have changed for the positive here at Marita.

    Lori Price

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •