Thread: 2.3 hp Honda Outboard

Default 2.3 hp Honda Outboard

I'm looking at a used 2.3 Honda for use on my Pro Pioneer. I would probably fabricate my own frame. My question is what kind of performance should I expect?

My main goals would be exploring sloughs during hunting season, possible lake fishing, and getting to the takeout asap. Anyone have any experience with a little outboard on a raft?
    "I'd rather be fishing!"

My friends have used a 2hp honda on their Levitator to expedite their travel to takeouts on slow moving water. They said it did well. I suspect that it would be about the same for the Pro-P

I love my little 2 hp 4 stroke honda. Moves my 11ft one man around nice. Not quite on step but you can see from the photo it does well. sept 3 09 flowers and boat 025.jpgjune 14-10 044.jpg

That's what I wanted to hear. Rowing up some cutoff river channels last September had me thinking about a better alternative. At 27lbs it really would not have any downside.
    "I'd rather be fishing!"

I can troll almost all afternoon on a liter of fuel. Air cooled so even salt water no flush needed. Only Neg maybe and for me I've just gotten used to it but it sounds to me like a kids Go Kart. Not as quiet as i wish but it is what it is. They did make a model that didn't have a clutch so when it started away you go. I would not like that. And get the long shaft you can make a short shaft from a long if needed ,but you can not buy the parts to make a short into a long. Just thinking about it now gets me wanting spring to get here soon.