Thread: Can you order components direct from a manufacturer?

Default Can you order components direct from a manufacturer?

Can an individual order primers, brass, bullets or powder from say winchester, remington, or federal directly? or do you have to be a dealer?

Release Lake Trout

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    Can an individual order primers, brass, bullets or powder from say winchester, remington, or federal directly? or do you have to be a dealer?
    Generally anytime a manufacture sells product to the public it's at full retail price. If they sold for less than full price they would be competing against distributors and or retailers that carried their product. If this was a regular occurrence they would lose their distributors.

I've purchased directly from Hornady when I was in a pinch for a part. I try to buy from on line discount shops when ever I need something. It's fairly easy to find goods for about 30% less than suggested retail if you shop around. That was before Sandy Hook...

+1 on marshall.
    I can spend $30 for a part from the manufacturer, or $25-$27 at a local dealer. I have yet to find a manufacturer that will undercut a local dealer. But, at times, the local dealer doesn't have it...