Thread: Bettles air strip?

Default Bettles air strip?

Hey guys I was looking for a flight service out of bettles. I see that brooks range air and bettles air service are there but is there anyone else there with a transport lic? aswell as if anyone has used any of theses guys and what kind of feed back you have for them would be awesome.

Both of these operations are reputable long-time in-business there in Bettles with experienced pilots. I am not aware of any other air taxi operators operating out of Bettles. There are several in Fairbanks however and any of those might be a possible option.

Greg you lookin for a 2013 flight? I can't think of anyone else besides the 2 listed.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Yes this august I will be stomping around that area and trying to book before tags come out. Hopefully hiking in for 10-12 days and flying out! Is there any way to know how many hunters have been dropped in the past years other than checking harvest reports? Is that the kind of info the airtaxi would offer up?

If you have an area in mind, generally an air taxi will tell you if/how many other parties might be in the same area.

Trouble is, "almost" every air taxi in/around the brooks is booked.

70North
    Coyote
    Brooks
    Yukon Air

All booked.

There's a few others out there but I'm not at a computer to look.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed