Thread: Looking to rent lightweight sled for 10yo

Default Looking to rent lightweight sled for 10yo

I figured Id test the waters here and see if anyone was willing to rent out a lightweight snowmachine from Friday morning, 2/22 to Saturday afternoon, 2/23. I have a cabin rented at Red Shirt Lake during that time and thought it was about time my 10yo son (~110lbs) made the ride on his own rather than 2-up on my RMK. If you know the area, you know the trail is an easy ride and once there wed just be running up and down the lake, and this option would be a lot more fun for the both of us.

Not looking for the latest and greatest - was thinking a reliable 380/440 fan would fit the bill in terms of size and power for him and hoping to save a few bucks vs. what a full-on rental place charges. Willing to leave deposit, copy of ID, etc.

Im in Anchorage. Let me know if interested so we can setup a time to meet and discuss.

Thanks

I have a 1992 polaris indylite gt. Can't remember if its a 340 or 370. My 10 yr old daughter doesn't use that much. It's not in the best of shape, but works. Let me know.
    "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Grayling View Post
    I have a 1992 polaris indylite gt. Can't remember if its a 340 or 370. My 10 yr old daughter doesn't use that much. It's not in the best of shape, but works. Let me know.
    Would be a 340. Great machines. I just gave away my 1991, but kinda miss it.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Grayling,
    Thanks much for the offer, but I started asking around the office at about the same time I posted this. Someone just got back to me that they had a machine I could use. Whats funny is that he has exactly the same sled, a 92 indy lite.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Grayling View Post

Coldrider f4,
    Hope you guys had some fun. My family and I rode out at Petersville Friday and Saturday. Was a blast.
    Last edited by Mr. Grayling; 02-17-2013 at 19:08. Reason: spelling
    "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." John Muir

Yep, had a blast. Never had any reason to know anything about this sled before, but was pleasantly surprised.. enough power for him not to get bored and the (relatively) long track kept him moving nicely in the deep stuff... only got stuck once after finding a little overflow, not bad at all considering he'd never ridden before and we found plenty of untracked snow.