Thread: Strong Line for Tanana River Burbot

Default Strong Line for Tanana River Burbot

We followed the recent ADF&G video tutorials for Burbot. We ended up emplacing 10 strong lines in 2 locations and hit 60% success.
    The biggest went about approx 5 lbs. Nothing trophy size yet.

Storyboard_9-10Feb2013.jpg

Burbot.jpg
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Nice job and some Great eating!
    Wish we had more of them on the Peninsula.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Awesome! Looks Like a lot of fun!!!

Way to go!

Jedi Master you are my hero! My 12 year old doughter saw these pics and thought it looked cool so I brought up the video's and the next Satuday we were out. She is usually pretty indiferant to the activities we do but this one had her excited! When I was drilling the hole she was getting the gear from the sled and cutting sticks from the bank to mark the hole. After checking out 2 holes and catching 1 fish we came home and while I was putting up the gear she took the fish to the kitchen and started cleaning it. Best 2 days I have ever had in the outdoors! A 12 year old girl ended up being my favorite fishing buddy ever. Thanks again for posting the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by kimo naau View Post
    Jedi Master you are my hero! My 12 year old doughter saw these pics and thought it looked cool so I brought up the video's and the next Satuday we were out. She is usually pretty indiferant to the activities we do but this one had her excited! When I was drilling the hole she was getting the gear from the sled and cutting sticks from the bank to mark the hole. After checking out 2 holes and catching 1 fish we came home and while I was putting up the gear she took the fish to the kitchen and started cleaning it. Best 2 days I have ever had in the outdoors! A 12 year old girl ended up being my favorite fishing buddy ever. Thanks again for posting the pics.
    Inspired you have made me. The chain reaction in sharing a little information in a picture or hyper link about fishing can create some very special moments and build on a lifetime of experiences and great memories.

I get a fair share of critics and cynics whom believe I care more about myself, an over-inflated ego, or being too self absord then with actually helping others. This however is very far from the truth. Your comments have encouraged me. Really glad I was able to play a small role in your experience. I will continue to advocate, promote, and share information about sport fishing in Alaska, thanks for posting.

Great share, fish on!
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Quote Originally Posted by kimo naau View Post
    that is great! I have twin three year old boys and truly enjoy watching the excitement in their eyes as they reel in a fish

Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterSalmonSlayer View Post
    Inspired you have made me. The chain reaction in sharing a little information in a picture or hyper link about fishing can create some very special moments and build on a lifetime of experiences and great memories.

I get a fair share of critics and cynics whom believe I care more about myself, an over-inflated ego, or being too self absord then with actually helping others. This however is very far from the truth. Your comments have encouraged me. Really glad I was able to play a small role in your experience. I will continue to advocate, promote, and share information about sport fishing in Alaska, thanks for posting.

Great share, fish on!
    Hell ya!!! Go Jedi!!! +1!!!! We need more Folks young and old but especially the younger generation preserving what we love. Help some old fart like me catch fish and have fun is plus one. To motivate someone much younger...plus10000. You da man!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk