Thread: Requesting your assistance

Default Requesting your assistance

Can any of you share any pictures you may have of any unlisted, small airports around the SE Alaska area. For that matter, anywhere in Alaska would work. What I'm looking for specifically are the kinds of buildings, equipment, or other items you might see when stopping at one of these small gravel strips.

Why I need them is for a project I'm creating in Microsoft Flight Simulator to recreate accurate airport scenery for the SE Alaska area. There is quite a large contingent of us that fly exclusively in the SE Alaska region.

The area we mostly work in is Yakutat (PAYA) to East Juneau area. Then south to Stewart (CYZT) and Prince Rupert (CYPR) Then West to Sandspit and then back up the coast to PAYA.

All airstrips, SPB and paved airports are represented in the simulator inside the area I outlined above.

I design scenery that enhances these airports and I wanted to find out if there are some accurate pictures of what the parking areas, terminals, grass strips, gravel strips, etc. at these small fields look like.

To get an idea of our simulator community in the SE Alaska area, please visit these links if you have time:

www.mistymoorings.com/
    www.tongasswild.com/

Thanks for your time and I appreciate any help you can assist me with.

Brad

Default Grizzly 1

Quote Originally Posted by ba43 View Post
    Can any of you share any pictures you may have of any unlisted, small airports around the SE Alaska area. For that matter, anywhere in Alaska would work. What I'm looking for specifically are the kinds of buildings, equipment, or other items you might see when stopping at one of these small gravel strips.

Why I need them is for a project I'm creating in Microsoft Flight Simulator to recreate accurate airport scenery for the SE Alaska area. There is quite a large contingent of us that fly exclusively in the SE Alaska region.

The area we mostly work in is Yakutat (PAYA) to East Juneau area. Then south to Stewart (CYZT) and Prince Rupert (CYPR) Then West to Sandspit and then back up the coast to PAYA.

All airstrips, SPB and paved airports are represented in the simulator inside the area I outlined above.

I design scenery that enhances these airports and I wanted to find out if there are some accurate pictures of what the parking areas, terminals, grass strips, gravel strips, etc. at these small fields look like.

To get an idea of our simulator community in the SE Alaska area, please visit these links if you have time:

www.mistymoorings.com/
    www.tongasswild.com/

Thanks for your time and I appreciate any help you can assist me with.

Brad
    Hi Brad,

Why don't you try "Phil" at fgrstrm@gci.net .....................

He lives in that neck of the woods, and has been flying there for the past twenty or thirty years, I believe. Tell him "Mort" sent ya.

Regards,

Mort Mason