Thread: CAN Buyers state wants & Will Pay.......why is it on the seller

Default CAN Buyers state wants & Will Pay.......why is it on the seller

Why is it on the seller to come up with a price.......??? Why can't we have Buyers state what they want and roughly what they will pay. One of the reasons I drove 300 plus miles to the Gun Show last weekend was to see what stuff is really selling for.

Example a week ago I wanted a Noveske KX3 flash suppressor they are out of stock....BUT list for $125.00 + shipping. Why can't we have a thread or a sub-section of the for sale forum where I could have stated, "Wanted.....Noveske KX3 with 1/2"-28 thread willing to pay $ 150.00 to $175.00 cash".

At the show I watched three bulk packs of 325 rounds sell for $35.00 $35.00 and the last one $40.00 so now I know roughly what the market is for .22 LR. I checked four retailers in Anch. on the way home and none had any .22 LR.

I have many thousands of rounds of ammo to sell and maybe twenty firearms to sell. I just don't understand why members can't say, "I am a buyer .45 acp 235 gr. fmj and I will pay $ **.00 per hundred rounds of factory ammo". Or someone says, I am looking for a 5" Colt 1911 and willing to pay $ ***.00 for a stainless model.

It just seems like there are a lot of members wanting to buy reloading stuff. Why can't we have a place where someone can say, I am looking for a Trapper Nelson pack to hang on the wall, I hope to pay about $ 95.00 for a good one.

Why must the load be on the seller. People give me crap because I over price stuff........If I see something I want I start a private conversation and try to arrive at a price that I can live with. Maybe buyers don't REALLY want to buy......SO What are you looking to buy......someone may not have what you want, but they might have a friend with 40 sets RCBS Dies.

There just has to be a way to help get buyers and sellers together.

You can. We have no problem with people posting a "looking for x" thread with a price that they're willing to pay. What we're not willing to host is an auction thread. Feel free to post what you're looking for and the price you're willing to pay. If someone contacts you and you choose to negotiate a deal that is fair to both of you, that's fine. We simply don't want auctions or "to the highest bidder" posts from sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    You can. We have no problem with people posting a "looking for x" thread with a price that they're willing to pay. What we're not willing to host is an auction thread. Feel free to post what you're looking for and the price you're willing to pay. If someone contacts you and you choose to negotiate a deal that is fair to both of you, that's fine. We simply don't want auctions or "to the highest bidder" posts from sellers.
    Maybe I need to just find someone who lists stuff on e-bay or some site. I was in the warehouse last weekend looking for something and found several tarpper nelson packs that I had planned to some day put on the walls, but now pushing 70 and never going to own a real home i should sell a lot of that stuff.......I will figure something out.

Brian, I was kind of hoping for a section with just a list of wants. Where people would check to see what someone is looking for. I guess I don't see how mixing it in with stuff for sale will work. I am also open to any suggestion people have for selling stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Maybe I need to just find someone who lists stuff on e-bay or some site. I was in the warehouse last weekend looking for something and found several tarpper nelson packs that I had planned to some day put on the walls, but now pushing 70 and never going to own a real home i should sell a lot of that stuff.......I will figure something out.

Brian, I was kind of hoping for a section with just a list of wants. Where people would check to see what someone is looking for. I guess I don't see how mixing it in with stuff for sale will work. I am also open to any suggestion people have for selling stuff.

I've purchased several things for here by listing a want ad. The more informative you are in the post, the more likely you are to get what you're after. I think they're usually handled via PM which is why you don't see much happening.

Black Dawg firearms in Soldotna had a couple KX3 flash suppressors--aka flaming pigs--on Saturday when I stopped in. They were around a buck and a quarter if I recall right.
    Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.

Quote Originally Posted by wildwill View Post
    Black Dawg firearms in Soldotna had a couple KX3 flash suppressors--aka flaming pigs--on Saturday when I stopped in. They were around a buck and a quarter if I recall right.
    Did they have any Noveske firearms or Uppers.......??? My KX3 arrived Saturday, and I just ordered two more Noveske uppers today.

For certain types of firearms it is currently a sellers market and people can sell certain weapons (those that are more likely to be banned if a ban does go through) at an somewhat inflated price. While I don't agree with this practice, it is what is it is. If you're selling other guns like a single stack 45 or 10mm and asking prices equal to or over manufacturer MSRP you are either not going to sell your item or get flamed for the high price. Since moving to AK I have noticed alot of people try to sell their used gun (whether they fired 2 rnds or 2000) for the price many stores are asking for new. That really is not reasonable, because if I wanted to buy something for the new gun price I am going to goto the store and get a new gun, while all may not have the same point of view as me and want to buy stuff "off the books".
    I've placed WTB ads up here and have not had the best of luck mostly because after 2 or 3 days the threads drift to page 2 and 3 where many do not look, I have also sold a fair amount of guns up here as well. When selling my guns I think of what a store would sell the same firearm for used, than knock 25 bucks off that price and have had no trouble selling anything. But hey, thats just me and my two cents.

Amen. I rarely see deals here that I can't beat in the used gun sections at Boondocks or GNG. Hell, after the election and before Sandy Hook, I managed to buy a Glock G17 for $375 at Boondocks. Never see a price like that around here. Sorry to say AGL.. AR pistols are just not a common item and it's going to be a hard sell for you to move them. I'd buy the uppers from you, but I'd need a tax stamp for an SBR. As a pistol they are pretty much useless to most of us.

In the spirit of this thread, though, I am a buyer for $.50 a round for .223 of decent quality. I'm not desperate, so I'm not willing to pay for the current inflated price (that I'm confident will go back down).
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I am willing to pay $30 for a 500 round brick of .22LR. I'll take several of them, looks like I just have to wait a bit longer. Also willing to pay $0.50 per round for FN loaded and labeled FN5.7. Just have to wait a while for those too it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    ...Sorry to say AGL.. AR pistols are just not a common item and it's going to be a hard sell for you to move them. I'd buy the uppers from you, but I'd need a tax stamp for an SBR. As a pistol they are pretty much useless to most of us....
    I've seen lots of new AR pistols sell new the years, and heard many people express interest in building one since the beginning of the Great Panic. Any stripped lower that was logged in and out correctly over the past few years can be built into a pistol as long as it hasn't been a long gun yet. And yes, they are useless if you think they are. Most people use them as range toys, but they have uses beyond that. Ultimately it doesn't matter if there is a use, because so far that isn't a law.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post

In the spirit of this thread, though, I am a buyer for $.50 a round for .223 of decent quality. I'm not desperate, so I'm not willing to pay for the current inflated price (that I'm confident will go back down).

Brian M.

I think that this is valuable information to both other buyers and other sellers. This is NOT about bidding/auctioning. I have .223 that I can sell but not at $ .50 per rounds. Now someone else may have ammo to sell at Doug's price.

I am not going to.....but I might contact Doug and say, I'll sell for $ .55 if you will buy 2,000 rounds.

If I was really wanting .223 ammo and I thought $ .40 was to high, this information would be helpful to know as I will have to adjust my thinking if I really am a buyer. It does not matter what price was last week or even last night. It also helps WWG when they are ordering to know what the market is today, they might order a huge amount....or less.

What would NOT be helpful is people's opinion about a posted Buyers wants or their offering price.

Gunbroker.com will tell you all you want to know about what people are currently willing to pay for guns/ammo/parts.