Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: F&G to email drawing results

Default F&G to email drawing results

I just recieved an email from fish and game that says they will be emailing each applicant for the drawings this year to cut down on crowding of the site.
    So I guess instead of hitting the refresh button we can just wait to get the results via email.
    This is what was sent

Greetings,
    You are receiving this email because you applied for a big game drawing hunt, or for a Tier I or Tier II permit during the November-December 2012 application period. We write today to let you know that in addition to posting results online as we have done for many years, this year we will also send individual emails to each applicant. So, you can expect to receive an email from us on Friday, February 15, with your results. This new method of delivery by email is an effort to better serve hunters and reduce congestion on the website when the results are posted.
    By noon on February 15, you will find links to the results posted on the Alaska Department of Fish and Game website at hunt.alaska.gov (the hunting section) as well as on the homepage at adfg.alaska.gov.
    While you await the draw results and plan your next adventure, you might wish to check out our hunting web pages. You will find a wealth of information on hunt planning, evaluating full-curl Dall's sheep rams, and mountain goat and caribou sex identification (think you know how to identify a billy? Take the fun online quiz on the mountain goat hunting page and see!); as well as streaming video on judging legal moose and trophy brown bears, and field dressing and meat care. Start at hunt.alaska.gov to learn more.
    Also, we invite you to subscribe to our monthly online magazine about hunting, fishing, and wildlife in Alaska, Alaska Fish and Wildlife News at wildlifenews.alaska.gov. Browsing through the archives reveals articles about hunting bison, caribou, mountain goats and more. Subscribing is a great way to stay informed about fishing and hunting happenings as well as receive updates on research on the species you care about.
    Good luck in the draw and you'll hear from us again on Friday.
    Best Regards,
    Doug Vincent-Lang, Acting Director

Just 55 miles north of ANC ... on the lake

by noon no less...sounds like a great plan!!!...anyone taking odds on the results?...

I overheard that Alaska_Lanche pulled the governors tag.

Lucky SOB!
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Got my email,, at least now I don't feel left out.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

They could have titled the email subject line a little better so I didn't get my hopes up

I did not recieve an email. Now I'm worried.

Give it a bit man....mine was sent out 2 hours after my got his...they are still coming out.

I got mine 14 minutes ago.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Only email I got was this. What does it mean?

This is a load of crap!! As a nonresident I have to wait almost 2 extra hrs for the e-mail? Where is Sarah's number when I need it? Good luck to you all!

Quote Originally Posted by mod elan View Post

That means you shouldnt get your hopes up

I theenk it means you got the EX Governors tag.....
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

My wife and I both applied for permits. I got the email, she did not. We'll see if this system works. I am glad to see them taking steps to improve things.

Here is what will happen in regards to me. I will not draw a single tag again this year, but I will have the pleasure of looking at the list and seeing that a buttload of nonresidents DID draw the tags I put in for. Then, I will be bitter for another year that I actually live here and pay the taxes to make this state run and conduct its business. Every other western state has freaking limits on non resident tags for controlled hunts (not special hunts). Yes, I am still bitter from last two years. Oh well, have fun hunting guys. lol

Quote Originally Posted by PacWestFishTaxidermy View Post
    Here is what will happen in regards to me. I will not draw a single tag again this year, but I will have the pleasure of looking at the list and seeing that a buttload of nonresidents DID draw the tags I put in for. Then, I will be bitter for another year that I actually live here and pay the taxes to make this state run and conduct its business. Every other western state has freaking limits on non resident tags for controlled hunts (not special hunts). Yes, I am still bitter from last two years. Oh well, have fun hunting guys. lol

Dang, There's already been a mix up - Looks like "mod elan" got your email by mistake.

Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    Dang, There's already been a mix up - Looks like "mod elan" got your email by mistake.
    This was covered last week. Those are conciliation prizes
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    I theenk it means you got the EX Governors tag.....
    And a big happy birthday to her. 49 years young today.
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

Word on the street is if you received the email before noon; you drew one tag. If you received the email before 11, you drew 2+. I got mine at 10:51. I'll update with what 2 I got on Friday!!!!!!
    Grab a friend, a rifle and go hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by HuntAK59 View Post
    Word on the street is if you received the email before noon; you drew one tag. If you received the email before 11, you drew 2+. I got mine at 10:51. I'll update with what 2 I got on Friday!!!!!!
    Yeah Baby I got mine last week along with the pre select list lol

I got my email and on the bottom in about size 3 font said congrats you won a delta bison tag .... at least thats what I wanted it to say!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast