Thread: Mokai

Default Mokai

Anybody on here look at these and do you think they would work well up here.

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFSTER View Post
    Anybody on here look at these and do you think they would work well up here.
    http://www.mokai.com/

try the canoe forum. there has been alot of talk about them in there. They look pretty cool.

thanks, I will do that, assumed that cause it had power this was the forum to use. am real close to buying one of these buggers

Where would you use this? On the rivers or ocean? They might be ok on lakes and rivers, but I don't think I would want to be on one in the ocean. But they do look fun.

go as far as I can in my Marion, then go farther in the Mokai. backwater areas and duck hunting and big Moose I am thinking .. 100 pounds,, beats a canoe. just my 2 cents

Hang on here for a while Jeffster, AlaskaMokaiman will respond soon and may even offer you a test drive. These are awesome personal water crafts. I almost bought one for the wife a the lodge. Can't stop thinking about them since I took a test drive...

George

I saw one on the Deshka last year. It was a funny site, here I am pushing my woolridge off the rocks and here comes this guy just putt putting along. I was certianly impressed.

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

I figured it was easy to haul, easy to fix, I might want a few more Ponies to push it but,, not sure. Looks like the cats hind end for much of what we do in Alaska. Only thing better is an aluminum Jet-Ski anybody out there heard of one. Just a thought. Plastic is cheaper I assume.

I have been itching to get a couple of these to throw on top of my boat and do as you were thinking Jeffster. My brother-in-law beat me to the punch after we took a spin on one a few weeks ago and ordered 2 of them. He wasn't supposed to do that just yet Now its a matter of time till I order 1 or 2. My wife is getting tired of hearing about them and catching the phone only to hear that someone is watching one on the lake

Default Mokai

Hey guys George is right. If you want to take one for a ride let me know when you are in the Palmer area and I will get you out in one. 745-2636 home cell 440-0567

For the last 3 weeks I have been out playing on the ice it is a shame that it goes out so fast I love the feeling on as the boat goes over the ice.

I know of 2 used ones that are for sale if you want contact info get in touch. I am taking them out today to make sure that they are running right. You could save a few hundred dollars.

Bighorn which lake?

Wasilla Lake last week.

That Mokai is awesome, I saw a jet propelled kayak on 'Top Gear' and thought wow! But the Mokai looks like a really usable craft in comparison. Wouldn't have a clue if 'Top Gear' is shown in Alaska but check out the youtube clip below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpWeAmze-44

It was a yellow one, that was me playing in the ice. Now I have to go to Fire lake and Mirror lake they still have ice but will be gone in two days after I play in it today.

I have seen the video on Shauns kayak, burns 2 plus gallons an hour so you could go fast but not far. I would still like to put one in the Mokai just for fun, knowing I'd get stuck on the thicker ice cause the speed would throw you way in on the thicker ice.

That motor is out of the Power Ski, they are working on a 4 stroke maybe one day I will get to play with one.

If you want to take a ride let me know.

Cheers
    Andy

Found another one of these kayaks, what are Surfango like?

http://www.surfango.com