Thread: Unit 24 Transporter, Recommendations?

Default Unit 24 Transporter, Recommendations?

I have contacted several transporters lately to plan a 2015 moose hunt, but most of them fly out of Kotz or Fairbanks that I am looking at. I'm attempting to locate a transporter for unit 24 since the season ends the 25th of Sept, not the 20th. I'm a CPA and we have corporate tax deadlines on the 15th, therefore leaving the 8th or so of Sept makes it a very tight squeeze when it comes to getting all my work done. I'd love to hunt the Selawik drainage and it's definitely a possibility, but was wondering if anyone can recommend a transporter to get me to the Hog river, etc. We plan on taking or renting our gear. This isn't our first rodeo with Moose. Hope all is well up north! Thanks in advance.

I usually use them for unit 26 stuff but I know they fly unit 24 as well. I recommend brooks range aviation out of bettles. They will pick you up at grayling lake along the haul road just a short ways north of prospect creek strip. Jay and Judy jesperson own the company and have always treated me well. They have a website with contact info you can find simply by googling brooks range aviation. Good luck.

The Hog is drawing permit only.

There is always left over permit to get first come first severed more permit available then people putting in

Thank you for the replies. Me and a buddy hunted it in 2011 and killed two bulls. One legal bull and one good 60"er... Needless to say, I didn't kill the big one...

Reports on this forum are that the Hog is crowded. Any moose hunting in unit 23, such as the Selawik, is draw permit only for non res.
    If you really want to concentrate on Moose, look at unit 18. Lots of moose and lots of unused country. Season until Sept. 30 and no antler restriction.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!