Thread: Any places to plink around soldotna?

Default Any places to plink around soldotna?

Any places other than snowshoe to plink around close to soldotna? I wanna try out some new .22s but I'm fairly new to the area and don't know many people. I don't mind driving a little. Are gravel pits ok outside of city limits? Any info would be much appreciated.

Try out on the beaches off k beach road.... And way out funny river road are some spots I used to know.... Also should be a few places around sterling? Used to be at least

Join Snowshoe Gun Club. You'll get to know the local gun people and you'll get to plink away any time you want. All without giving shooters more of a bad name by trashing more "gravel pits".
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

I never " trashed" a gravel pit myself but they do make a decent range, granted one cleans up after himself.......

Release Lake Trout

It really is easiest to join Snowshoe, its a great deal for under $100. Keep in mind "target shooting" on refuge land is illegal, which is a lot of the peninsula.

I plan on joining when I get home next week. I think I can join at Black Dog when I go to pick up my gun.

You can join at any gun shop or sporting good outfit in town. The cost is only $80 per calendar year. It supports a great organization and the club owns the land and everything on it. The new clubhouse is awesome. There are lots of expansion and upgrade projects in the works and it is all funded by club dues. The more members there are, the better the facilities will get.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

most if not all gravel pits are shut down due to people trashing them, I agree with JOAT snowshoe gun club is a great place to shoot, never had a problem, everyone has been respectful and curtious anytime I have shot there.