Thread: need help identifying 7.62 ammo

Default need help identifying 7.62 ammo

I have 6 tins of this ammo. What kind is it, what size (.39, .54, etc), is it corrosive, reloads, etc. got 6 tins to sell but need details

Thanks!green762.JPG762alumin.JPG
    Scotty in the AK bush

Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

First pic looks just like the 7.62x54R Russian stuff I bought a couple years ago, I chucked the tin but that looks the same to me. Pic 2 I got nothing but Will could well be right on the Finnish 53.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinAmmoID01.htm#Packaging

Scroll down toward the bottom of the page for spam can decoders.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

The green tin looks like 1984 Soviet production; copper washed steel case; 147 grain steel core boat tail spitzer; 20 round paper wrapped bundles / 22 bundles / 440 rounds per tin.

The galvanized tin is more difficult (for me)... I think it's 1953 Polish production (that's the 'L' with the little line through it, and the rest of the markings are consistent with Polish production; the '21' in the segmented circle is a Polish plant designation and I think will be found on the headstamp); I believe the 'C' means "heavy bullet" and corresponds to the Soviet type 'D' bullet; The 'St.' means a steel case (lacquered), which would correspond to the Soviet 'GS' case type. I'm guessing that in keeping with the standard Soviet packaging of the time it will be a 300 round tin on stripper clips.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

The first (green) tin is 7.62 x 54r 440rds mfd in 84'. It is mil surplus and corrosive. you will be surprised
    how pristine it is given its age.
    If we all agreed....this would be no fun