Thread: New DPH-C arrives!

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

Default New DPH-C arrives!

Ordered it from Indemand about 6 days ago and it showed up this afternoon via ISland Air, they made some visible improvements like, the plastic collar that you have to remove before you drain oil is WAY better it comes off easily. Then there are some plastic bushing in the yoke which is weird, probably need to order a couple sets of those. The drive came with oil, I had to check the oil drain screw or I would be worried about the $11 grand plus shipping the whole time, it was loose, losser than I would have it, I gave it another turn! The drive also came with propnuts and tiny cotter pins for the new pins that go on the yoke. We will seatrial tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Good luck with it. I wonder if the oil in it might be some kind of break in oil ???

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Hey, you have the same ratio that I do. If you ever get in a bind, get a hold of me. I have a spare one in my garage. It was a DPH-A that I removed in good working order. I even put it in the new box for storage. I figured it was not worth selling, and would have more value as a spare.

Hopefully you will notice absolutely nothing different when you sea trial it. All of my speeds and RPM's were identical.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jrogers View Post
    Hey, you have the same ratio that I do. If you ever get in a bind, get a hold of me. I have a spare one in my garage. It was a DPH-A that I removed in good working order. I even put it in the new box for storage. I figured it was not worth selling, and would have more value as a spare.

Hopefully you will notice absolutely nothing different when you sea trial it. All of my speeds and RPM's were identical.
    Great if this this pukes a bearing in the middle of charter season I will call you, I'm pissed that I send my drives to indemand for a go thru to make sure I dont have a failure, doing this I/m hoping they catching something that looks, smells, or sounds different. This drive was in for a glazed clutchcone when I got it back I it had a vibration, I sent it back and they sent it back and said everything looked fine, what did they do to come to that conclusion? Seems they would have noticed a bearing out or are they hard to spot? Why would we sent them in if they are hard to spot?

Thanks jrogers! that is a great gesture.
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakcombo View Post
    Great if this this pukes a bearing in the middle of charter season I will call you, I'm pissed that I send my drives to indemand for a go thru to make sure I dont have a failure, doing this I/m hoping they catching something that looks, smells, or sounds different. This drive was in for a glazed clutchcone when I got it back I it had a vibration, I sent it back and they sent it back and said everything looked fine, what did they do to come to that conclusion? Seems they would have noticed a bearing out or are they hard to spot? Why would we sent them in if they are hard to spot?

Are the glazed cones a problem with the new drives ?? the old 290 duoprops were known for glazing when they had bronze cones, once they switched to steel cones the problem was somewhat cured, in my old drive i only had to have it lapped once and that was with 8500 hours on it. I'd bet that when they deglazed your cone they didn't shim/install/seat it correctly and thats what caused it to blow ????

Thanks jrogers! that is a great gesture.
    Are the glazed cones a problem with the new drives ?? the old 290 duoprops were known for glazing when they had bronze cones, once they switched to steel cones the problem was somewhat cured, in my old drive i only had to have it lapped once and that was with 8500 hours on it. I'd bet that when they deglazed your cone they didn't shim/install/seat it correctly and thats what caused it to blow ????

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692