Thread: Planning a trip to Red Shirt Lake this weekend north or south end?

Default Planning a trip to Red Shirt Lake this weekend north or south end?

Finally time to go to Red Shirt Lake what do you recommend the north end or the south end? Not looking for your hot spots but I'll sure tell you where I catch them.

Personally, I fish mainly the north end. I fished it this summer and collected a few GPS points in areas that looked good to me for fishing thru the ice, but I have not been there yet to try them out.

It's been a few years since I've been out there, but my buddy collected a 37" Northern on the north end by where the trail comes out, about 4 years ago. We never had any real good luck out there and the fish we got were small. Tried fishing where the creek comes into the lake.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Went out to Red Shirt today and managed 4 flags with 2 pike in hand. Tried a little cove past Lynx Creek, but tomorrow think I'll try to find a good spot at the North being that seems to be the spot everyone is having luck at. Talked too a Ranger today and he also advised to try the north east side.

I've always done good by the mouth of Lynx Creek, but I have only fished it in the summer. Lots of weedbeds along that shoreline. Did you try Lynx Lake? That's a good one too.